Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Solutions Architect – eMobility AC charging System
Device solutions for EV charging infrastructure in residential and commercial applications. This role will provide end to end solutions involving AC EVSE, electronic products and software solutions in residential, commercial and building Automation.
- Provide end to end solutions for load management, building automation, energy management and applications involving AC Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
- Device solutions that utilize charger data for serviceability and maintenance
- Perform Interoperability with emerging EV models and propose improvements for adaptability to new use cases and updates to standards pertaining to EV/EVSE Interface
- Document use cases and content for operation manuals for industrial and commercial protocols supported by AC EVSE product
- Contribute to workflow to achieve compatibility to applicable cyber security standards and wireless/radio compliance regulations
- Evaluate and improve performance in high scale networked EVSE solutions
- Collect requirements, analyze, and propose solutions for network and IOT solutions
- Confirm network design solution via test/validation and maintain networking services remotely at beta sites
- Monitor, analyze, and report metrics of system performance while operating with multiple cloud back-ends and large-scale data
- Ensure compliance requirements are integrated into product design scopes through coordination, documentation, and communication with development teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors with 5-8 years experience in EE or CSE
- At least 5 years experience in Network solutions and Cyber Security Wireless protocols such as BLE, LoRA, ISA100.11a, Zigbee, Thread, low-power WiFi
- Knowledge of wireless encryption technologies
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX and Palo Alto Networks firewall services including IPSEC VPN, URL filtering, and IDS/IPS.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors in Electrical engineering with 2-5 years experience
- Experience in design, development and testing of Electrical systems
- Experience with various tools such as Protocol Analyzer, SNMP, Netflow, IPAM, RADIUS, Splunk, network taps, SPAN ICS scanners (CyberVision, Clarory, Teneble, etc.), and load/stress testing.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and certification process for wireless consumer devices, for various wireless technologies like GSM/UMTS/LTE, 802.11xx, Wi-Fi, RFID, and Bluetooth
- Mesh network protocols for routing and self-organization
- Wireless protocols such as BLE, LoRA, ISA100.11a, Zigbee, Thread, low-power WiFi
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.