What are my responsibilities?
- Participate on teams comprised of Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers Solution Architects and other Solution Engineers.
- Provide work estimates and regular status updates to be used in project planning & tracking.
- Deploy, configure and test EnergyIP® Platform and Smart Grid Application solutions.
- Assist in designing workflows, new processes, data flows and integrations with existing systems and business practices.
- Create and deliver end user training and workshops through on-site implementation test cycle.
- Create, execute and support customer acceptance test plans for EnergyIP® Platform and Smart Grid Application solutions.
- Provide technical assistance with the creation of operational processes.
- Identify, log, track and assist in the resolution of software and process issues.
- Provide the first tier of support for technical questions on software functionality from end-users, internal and external customers.
- Implement and deliver projects with minimal supervision.
- Drive installation and deployment standards
- Be a team played and individual contributor as business demands
- Travel domestically and internationally
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- BE degree in Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or relevant field.
- experience in enterprise systems integration and extensive customer-facing consulting experience
- Experience creating technical documentation (requirements, high and low level design documents, etc)
- Experience installing software’s i.e. Oracle, Siebel, Tibco, Tomcat preferably on UNIX and Windows platforms and maintaining several versions of the software in both virtual and hosted solutions.
- Unix navigation and system administration includes TCP/IP networking, security and management preferably on multiple platforms including AIX, RedHat ES4,
- Oracle 10G or higher, understands databases and DBA best practices
- Proficiency in PL/SQL, Packages, Triggers, Procedures
- Hands on Experience with Web technology deployment, configuration and administration.
- Experience with Enterprise Service Bus architecture.
- Understanding of Java web applications server technology specifically integration technologies including JMS / Web Services / Rest / SOAP / XML
- Hands on Experience with using a source control system like Clear Case ,Perforce etc.
- Comfortable driving installation and deployment standards and works well in front of customers in conjunction with the Professional Services organization.
What else do I need to know?
Knowledge and Experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, senior management and executives and project teams.
- Strong analytical and on the job problem solving skills
- Experience in enterprise systems integration, consulting or customer-facing information technology field.
- Experience with Extraction, Transformation and Load technologies (ETL).
- Knowledge on Meter Data Management Systems and Smart Grid
- Relevant experience and familiarity with Smart Grid initiatives within Utility company and/or Smart Grid software Delivery Company preferred.
- Experience with CIS, AMI, and/or other relevant “Meter-to-Cash” value chain applications a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time