Job Description: Junior Software Developer
Together we make the difference
Siemens Mobility is an independent managed company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services.
The Information Technology (IT) department has the global responsibility for the internal IT of Siemens Mobility. Its goal is to provide a robust and efficient IT landscape derived from business and market demands.
Your personality and individuality make the difference. In our team, we increase business performance and point the way into the digital age.
Is that exactly your thing? Then live your passion in a cross-location team in which you can actively shape the future of our company. You open up new possibilities for our customers with your competence. Connected with this is an exciting career path that leads you to ever new projects and solutions in the field of IT for Siemens Mobility.
Here's where you make the difference
As part of our Development Team you have the technical responsibility for design, development and optimization of software core components for a web-based project management solution in the business area of Siemens Mobility.
- Develops software components by studying requirements thoroughly and consulting with Solution/Integration Architects for technical considerations and develops solid understanding of features and user journeys with Business analysts before developing them
- Participates in Business analysis/Architectural discussions based on need of the role and growth perspectives
- Follows and encourages to build coding ethics and looks to improve them ( code reviews, coverage, technical debt etc.).
- Formulates and manages Products and services’ development and deployments by understanding configurations and continuous integration, deployment & delivery mechanisms
- Strives to generate useful value information such as Development and Deployment issues for Products and Services’ and acts on them with quality considerations
- Diligently writes in process and user Documentation developer as products progress and good understanding and articulation of the concepts using flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts is expected as a part of the role
- Participates in Product & Service operations and bears right mindset to do Problem analysis, resolution and customer communications
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, contribute/suggest changes in policies and procedures.
- Upgrades knowledge and skills to be able to implement state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional opportunities in and out of organization as suitable
- Strongly supports organization mission and vision by being a proactive and integral employee, who can see beyond possibilities
- Embodies right individual as well as team spirit by being an excellent collaborator
What do I bring with me?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience in conjunction with corresponding additional qualifications in Product and/or Service based environments
- 3 - 5 years of experience as Software Developer Tester/Engineer
- Extensive knowledge of Software Design Patterns
- Extensive knowledge on:
- JSF Primefaces [ Experience in this tech is desired]
- Java EE/Java SE
- Spring, Data, Security, WS
- Hibernate ORM
- Oracle Database Modeling, PL-SQL
- CSS, HTML 5
- Version control and CI/CD systems like GitLab
- Broad understanding of typical deployments based on
- Apache Webserver
- JBoss Application Server
- Practicing knowledge and inclination towards agile testing methods and tools ( Unit /Integration/API,etc )
- Exposure and understanding of Software Configuration Management, CICD development practices
- Awareness of IT service delivery mechanisms and UAT principals
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with embedded quality mindset
- Good knowledge of Agile development methodologies like SCRUM, KANBAN
- Good knowledge on Cybersecurity in IT development and Service
- Awareness of OSS
- Good Team & Collaboration skills
- Good English language skills (speaking, reading and writing) for professional communication [ Min B2 level]
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time