Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
About Transportation-As-A-Service (TaaS)
TAAS is redefining the EV charging market for private and public fleets, including autonomous driving fleets, transit bus agencies, and municipal and private fleets. We are building the next level of charging as a service, taking complete ownership and control of the charging infrastructure, the scheduling of the vehicles, the cloud platform, and the utility meter – in order to provide the highest availability and resilience in the market. In this way, we will accelerate the adoption of electric-powered fleets by optimizing the delivery of power and making refueling seamless and efficient.
In a high-powered application like fast vehicle charging, the difference between controlled, optimally balanced vs unrestrained EV charging could be 3x in cost from your local utility. Even more importantly, EV fleets, particularly when part of critical and close to real-time business processes (for example, autonomous fleets), need to be scheduled for charging in specific time intervals. By taking control of the utility meter, and optimizing EV charge rate and vehicle process flow, TAAS provides the lowest cost of electric fueling possible in each depot location or in-route stops.
Our approach is to offer charging as a service that is unique in the industry. We offer our customers a per mile driven or per kWh usage rate. TAAS provides the bulk of the upfront capital expenditures associated with the charging platform.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In the role of Sr Manager- Systems Engineering, we are looking for candidates who want to be a part of something innovative and industry-leading in the EV mobility space, specifically TaaS. You will be responsible for setting up and operating an EV Charging lab, building and managing a team, and delivering industry-leading products and experiences to our customers globally. The successful candidate will be able to inspire, coach, and lead a team of System Engineers and Validation Engineers in a fast-paced, creative environment.
● Setup and own an EV Charging lab inclusive of multi-vendor EVSEs, site controllers, microgrid controllers, EVs, and Battery storage
● Own the development, validation, and delivery of containerized edge computing-based applications including site controller, and EV Charger integration using OCPP. Integrate with Energy management systems at the site level
● Own the development and delivery of an automation based OCPP test harness
● Identify solutions at the systems level for fitment into the EV TaaS product suite
● Collaborate closely with customers, engineering, product management, and 3rd party technical teams
● Partner with engineering leadership to develop the operating structure and process to deliver on business goals
● Recruit, retain, mentor, and develop a growing team of system engineers
● Ability to influence without authority and collaborate effectively across the organization
● Strong analytical rigor, innovative mindset, obsession with product excellence, and an ability to move fast in a high-performing environment
● Demonstrated success in leading the development of products and customer-facing features from inception to delivery
● Excellent problem-solving, project management, and communication skills
● Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, experience evaluating tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
● Strong analytical and experimental design skills
● Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
● Amazon Web Services
What makes us proud as an employer:
• The Biggest of Tech Portugal – Technological Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão magazines)
• Best Companies to Work For in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn)
• Healthy Workplaces Award – 3rd Grand Company (Awarded by the Order of Portuguese Psychologists)
• Company with the greatest ESG responsibility in the Technological/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor)
• 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, the largest platform in the Portuguese technological community)
We are excited to have:
- A hybrid work model with a flexible working hours policy to promote work-life balance (applied to roles that allow it.)
- A budget to set up a home office, health insurance and a financial support program for your studies.
- There is also a medical center on the premises, sports groups, 2 days of volunteering, access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more) and discounts with partners.
- To all these benefits we add the possibility of working in a fresh, relaxed and always motivated environment.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is pleased to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage submissions from a diverse pool of talent!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time