Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated transportation of people and goods by rail – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.
This candidate will be responsible for crafting and developing training materials for classroom training presentations, instructor guides, and reference materials for the systems being instructed to customers.
These trainings will take place at the customer sites around North America and involve both classroom training and on vehicle system hands on training.
The materials will then be provided to the customers training personnel for future use.Responsibilities
- Lead classroom sessions of typically 10-15 students using theory of operation and explaining the function of the vehicle (Locomotive, Coach or Light Rail) individual systems.
- Classroom training is followed by hands on training on the actual vehicles and will require the ability to be on top (Using Safety Harnesses) as well as inside and underneath running equipment.
- Develop and maintain course curriculum including course descriptions, outlines, lesson plans, exams and classroom material such as laptops and diagnostic software.
- Candidate will require a good knowledge and be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products including, Word, Power Point and Excel.
- In addition, a solid understanding of the Adobe suite of programs is desirable, including the ability to edit or adjust pictures using Photoshop or Illustrator.
- The ability to read and understand electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic schematics.
- A good command of the English language is a must.
- BS Degree or equivalent work experience in an engineering or technical field.
- Three to four years’ experience supporting a technical training program.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of professional technical and mechanical principles and skills.
- Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area
- of specialization.
- At least 3 years of successful experience in related field and successful
- demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Bilingual in French speaking and writing preferred
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The base salary range for this position in California is $57,075- $95,125
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $57,075 - $95,125.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.