This Central Cloud Operations position makes significant contributions towards the adoption and delivery of CD (Continuous delivery) and Container based DevOps solutions for all DISW Software applications. You will have key responsibilities in defining, planning, implementing, and operating automated infrastructure, deployment and application configuration techniques using the most contemporary tooling and methods.
- Ensure adoption of Cloud Operations methods and tooling though planning and execution of projects
- Help teams adopt and implement container-based approaches for applications
- Understand and have practical application knowledge of Teamcenter, Sonarqube, Artifactory, X-Ray, GitLab, ArgoCD, Docker, Kubernetes, Datadog, Rancher, AWS and Azure.
- This roles success will be defined by the adoption of XCR (Rancher based cloud runtime) & XCICD (End to end CD tool suite) within surrounding DISW business units
- You will be reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Cloud Operations in our Technology and innovation team
- Ensure DevOps teams are properly adopting tool suites though hands on shoulder-to-shoulder work
- Ensure DevOps teams are achieving build once deploy anywhere and Continuous Delivery objectives
- Ensure deployment excellence is understood throughout the organization though daily interaction
- Take time to understand how DISW products operate and function to ensure proper adoption of tools and techniques
- Develop production worthy approaches, deployment scripts and code
- Ensure all methods are clearly documented, step by step, to ensure understanding and repeatability
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree with at least 3+ years of IT experience (1+ years with Masterís Degree) or equivalent experience
- Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Gitlab-CI or equivalent tools
- Senior level system administration experience, including troubleshooting, support, mentorship/training, and oversight
- Ability to adopt and extend continuous integration and testing processes
- Ability to manage goals, track milestones and report on status
- Strong base for software architecture and design including inter-process communications, asynchronous processing, micro-services, message queueing, interfaces, and API development
- Act as a technical resource for a variety of information security projects that arise from current business and technological developments
- 2+ years experience with Cloud Environments
- 2+ years experience with system automation at enterprise level, distributed environments
- 2+ years experience with Teamcetner
- 2+ years experience with CI tooling, ArgoCD, GitLab CI
- 2+ years experience with kubernetes
- 2+ years experience with networking and network/system security, including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS
- Cloud monitoring tools (CloudWatch, CloudTrail, DataDog)
- Extensive experience configuration management systems
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2+ years' experience with full-stack development
- 2+ years of Linux administration & troubleshooting
- 2+ years shell scripting - sh/bash/ksh
- 2+ years of experience in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Experience with design, develop, and configuration of information security tools.
- Experience with SOC compliance
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.