We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
The Manager, Quality & Engineering Governance is responsible for managing all aspects of the Quality Management System (QMS) and Engineering Governance of Siemens Canada Limited, while ensuring that all entities (Business-Entities, Business Units & Support Functions) comply with applicable provisions and requirements. Additionally, the role is responsible for overseeing Corporate Quality & Engineering programs such as but not limited to Continuous-Improvement, Product-Safety, Technical Regulation & Standardization (TR&S), Product-Certification, and Non-Conformance Management (Root-Cause-Analysis & Corrective-Action). In addition, the role also provides support to SCETA (Siemens Certified Education and Talent Academy) by establishing strategic partnerships with educational institutions, internal businesses, and corporate departments.
- Ensure that all QMS-Documentation (i.e.: Policies, Procedures, SOPs, Work-Instructions, etc.) are properly maintained and readily available.
- Oversee the Internal Audit Program (i.e.: Auditor-Training/Certification, Scheduling, Reporting, Corrective/Preventive-Actions, etc.).
- Liaise with Educational-Institutions to create partnerships that provide talent pipelines to SCETA.
- Develop and implement internal process guidelines, templates, tool kits, and optimize workflows.
- Support Risk & Internal Control Testing and ensure compliance to applicable requirements.
- Ensure effective Non-Conformance Management (Identification / Analysis / Resolution).
- Support Root-Cause & Corrective-Action activities by leading Problem-Solving Teams.
- Work closely with Business-Leads to satisfy their resource requirements.
- Support Cross-Business Strategy and Process-Optimization activities.
- Oversee Engineering Governance at Provincial & Federal levels.
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Minimum 5-years of experience with Engineering Governance and Professional Engineering Associations.
- Minimum 5-years of experience with Quality Management Systems.
- Professional Engineering designation in Canada or in process of obtaining such is required.
- Lead-Auditor or Internal-Auditor Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Proven Leadership, Organization & Communication Skills.
- Familiar with Technical Regulations, Standards, Processes & Systems.
- Ability to Develop and Present Training-Modules to Technical-Personnel.
- Experienced in Microsoft applications (i.e.: Excel, Word, Power-Point, etc.).
- Solution-Oriented, with a learning mindset and ability to understand business challenges.
- Proficient in the application of Problem-Solving/Continuous-Improvement Methodologies (i.e.: KT, 8D, Lean, 6-Sigma).
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.