Siemens Mobility is meeting the need for smart mobility solutions for the U.S! Concepts that make transport more efficient are in demand with the ever-increasing need for mobility. With our long-standing transport expertise and our IT know-how, we are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase availability of infrastructure, optimize efficiency and improve passenger experience.
It’s in how we electrify, automate and digitalize infrastructure that we’re setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility – today.
The Commercial Bid Manager is a meaningful role that supports the long- term success of our business. This position is responsible for the end to end bid process, from converting opportunities with Sales to customer negotiations, and finally contract handover to the execution team.
You will work closely alongside the Head of Commercial Bid Management and will partner with the Technical Bids & Proposals team where you will be the financial lead with ownership of proposal calculations. In addition, you will lead collaboration with a range of key partners, including Legal and Contract management teams, Accounting, Customs specialists, and Siemens Treasury to produce compliant and optimal bids.
Once you have captured key input from stakeholders, final calculations will be compiled with your technical bid partner, proposals are then presented to senior management, and final offers submitted. We leverage our international strength and product portfolio, so many of your bids and proposals will partner with Siemens’ Headquarters in Germany, and other regions such as Siemens France and Spain.
Ultimately, in this role, you will be the financial lead for bids, and have primary ownership of proposal calculations. It will be your responsibility to ensure completeness and accuracy of financials, and work alongside your Technical Bid Manager.
However, in this position you will also fulfill other critical roles outside of the proposal calculations for the bid & proposal process:
• Coordinate and conduct reviews with other subject specialists (Government Services, Siemens Financial Services, Risk Management, Tax, Legal, Export Control and Customs) for key input.
• Participate in contract reviews and negotiations with Legal experts and provide input to optimize contract terms for financial topics (such as payment terms, etc.) of proposals for multimillion-dollar projects.
• Fulfill documentation requirements as part of the bid approval (LoA) process, especially in cases of international business and contracts with scope of supply originating in other countries.
• Present final bid packages and offer letters with management signoff.
Knowledge and Experience
Previous experience with commercial project management, or bid management & negotiation is helpful to succeed. While bid contracts are led by the Legal Council, prior experience reading contracts for commercial terms is an additional positive- you would need a legal mentality to help review bid contracts for topics impacting financial calculations.
We are seeking a good communicator who can lead and collaborate with many stakeholders across different functions and geographies. We are focusing on someone with commercial/finance skills for this role, with 6+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Why you'll love working for Us:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, meaningful, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in New York City, NY. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness
benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html.
The base salary range for this position in New York City, NY is $111,900 - $186,500 and the annual incentive
target is 10% of the base salary.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.