We’re Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock! We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock (Trains), as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources. Our growth has created the need for an Coach Weld Area Team Manager at our state of the art Manufacturing campus in beautiful and affordable Sacramento, CA. In this key role, you will have a tremendous impact in our high performing production organization, You will lead and mentor a diverse and motivated team of welders who support the to build state of passenger coach rail cars. This is a position for someone who enjoys being on the production floor, leading by example and creating an environment where everyone wins.
What you will be doing:
Plan production operations, define workflow, and establish priorities and production sequences to meet project and interdepartmental requirements
Meet project targets for safety, quality, schedule, and direct labor hours.
Establish, monitor, and adjust manpower (includes hiring and promoting), applicable equipment planning and work-order sequencing to meet production demands.
Facilitate positive communication with entire team on a regular basis to keep them informed of work status, department performance, process changes, and company policies
Conduct bi-annual employee performance reviews including planning, monitoring, and documenting the training & development of manufacturing employees
Ensure production vehicles are ready for in process inspections from internal and external customer inspectors in the Final Detail Production area in preparation for shipping vehicles.
Minimize defect write ups and findings through the systematic elimination of root causes while driving solutions to be implemented in the upstream processes.
Drive all areas and functions such as to support in the preparedness and readiness for vehicles to ship.
What you will need to be successful:
5 years managing industrial operations
3 years’ experience in OEM capital equipment assembly operations, in a schedule driven, moderate volume and product mix, engineer to order, project environment
Proficient in Excel, SAP, and clear communication
We would be impressed if you had:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, or Engineering
Why Siemens Mobility?
# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave,
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
- We stay at the forefront of the rail industry. We continuously improve, learning directly from those who are doing the work.
- We are optimistic about change and the possibilities it brings: We welcome programmatic improvements and strategy shifts which will result in positive results for the world.
- We value our people, and we support their growth and development: Our people are at the center of our work, and we support their development by finding their level of potential development through problem-solving and in collaboration with peers.
- We mean what we say, and we commit to our promises: We follow through on our commitments with honesty and integrity
- We do more with less: We are a lean organization serving customers who are serving communities of people.
- We are principles-based, not rules-based: We make decisions based on what we believe is best for our people and the communities we serve as opposed to adhering to a prescriptive set of immovable practices.
- We value diversity and strive to be inclusive in our work, both for our customer and our team members: We believe in the importance of investing in employees in alignment with our values and honoring every individual story and unique path.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.