Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
We seek to fill a Field Service Technician position in Chicago, IL, to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and handle all phases of the maintenance activities of our SIEMENS CHARGER locomotives. You will also be responsible for scheduling maintenance activities with our customers, training their maintenance personnel, and advising on the best maintenance techniques.
Setting a safe work environment and proactively supporting our customers is essential to the function. You will interact with the operational, engineering, dispatching, and financial departments for the railroad's safe, cost-effective, and efficient operations. Weekly shift hours can change based on customer schedule and maintenance needs, with regular overtime.
This position will collaborate with the Field Service Site Lead and focus on the following:
- Ensuring technical and material support to the customer & our Charger Locomotives.
- Providing a positive customer service experience.
- Maintaining ongoing, effective communication with all internal and external relevant parties.
- Establish a rapport with Customer management and maintenance facility personnel.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality technical advice to the customer's maintenance workforce to improve the equipment reliability of the Charger fleet.
- Ensure responsiveness and support to finishing the troubleshooting and repairs assigned to service requests.
- Ensure the delivery of ongoing system operation training for the customers.
- Identify Non-conformance issues and improvement recommendations.
- Assists the local staff in assigned troubleshooting and repair works.
- Ensure accurate communication between the customer, our Rail Support Center, and the field team.
- Give feedback to the team regarding performance, quality, and efficiency issues.
- Be the Conduit to the field - conducts regular meetings with field personnel and managers to share company information, updates, etc.
- Work with 3rd party vendors, such as Cummins, to ensure proper operation of vendor components installed on the locomotive.
- Continually progress customers' maintenance practices to support the Charger locomotive as intended by the manual.
- Associate degree in engineering or a minimum of 5 or more years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for the supervised workgroup(s).
- Excellent English language technical communication skills for this customer-facing role.
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products.
- Required travel: 10%
- Candidates with experience in rolling stock (railroad) maintenance and commissioning or other rail-related experience will be preferred.
- Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory, FRA requirements, and guidelines.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, meaningful, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in Chicago, IL. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Chicago, IL is $63,975 - $106,625.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.