Senior Data Scientist - Advanced Analytics
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1,2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Understanding problem statement and translating it to technical tasks.
- Developing Analytical models for variety of problems spread across different domains in the area of image/video and numerical data.
- Design innovative solutions by applying advance analytics concepts and by utilizing his/her expertise in the field of AL/ML.
- Leading and guiding our growing team of Engineers to help architect, build and run our solutions.
- Should have prior experience of being responsible for building sufficiently complex products / services and mentoring software engineers.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Experience in research and development processes (Software based solutions and products) ; in commercial topics; in implementation of strategies, POC’s.
- Experience in expert functions like Software Development / Design, Software Testing
- Exposure to and working experience in the relevant Siemens sector domain (Industry, Energy, Healthcare, Infrastructure and Cities) required.
- Experience with global teams and projects of different scale and timeline.
- Acts as a bridge between technical and business aspects of an organization and oversees the design and implementation of solution.
- Good knowledge of Python language and Python core libraries (Pandas, Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, NumPy etc.)
- Expert in Data Engineering and building data pipelines, implementing Algorithms in a distributed environment.
- Experience in working with multiple databases, especially with NoSQL world
- Experience or knowledge on data science and machine learning is good.
- Advanced level knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Advanced level knowledge of software engineering process.
- Excellent command over English in written, spoken communication and strong presentation skills.
- Experience in Jira, Confluence will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Agile/Lean development methods using Scrum
- Takes strong initiatives and highly result oriented
- Good at communicating within the team as well as with all the stake holders
- Strong customer focus and good learner
- Highly proactive and team player
- Ready to travel for Onsite Job assignments
Technical Skill Set List:
- Programming : Must have: Python
- Development : Analytical model Development
- Libraries : Python core libraries like Flask/Django, Pandas, NumPy, OpenCV
- Services : Cloud AI/ML Services and tools
- Database : SQL and NoSQL.
- Cloud : AWS/Azure
- CI/CD : Tools like GIT Labs, Jenkins, Dockers, Kubernetes
- Design : Solution Design, Design Patters
Good to have:
- Data Modeling/Semantic Web
- Knowledge on building Data Lake
- Data acquisition and ETL workflow (Extract, Transform and Load)
- Understanding of Industry standard communication protocols
- Handling large number of data set
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in.At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time