- High responsibility in shaping and driving research activities in the context of industrial connectivity, consulting our business units on the latest developments in your areas of expertise
- Close interaction and cooperation with researchers of many different domains and with all Siemens businesses: Digital Industry, Smart Infrastructure, Mobility, Healthineers, Energy.
- Researching novel connectivity designs, generating intellectual property, and realizing proof-of-concept prototypes
- Establishing a network of contacts inside and outside of the company and collaboration with academic partners.
- Definition, acquisition, setup, and execution of internal and public funded (German and European) research projects
- Selection and supervision of students and PhD students
- Ph.D in the domain of network communications, preferably with know-how in the areas of Non-Terrestrial Networking, satellite networks, edge networking.
- Deep technological expertise in (industrial) communication and networking technologies, QoS and redundancy mechanisms, network management approaches and protocols.
- Proficiency with well-established programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Python, Java) and current network simulation frameworks (e.g. ns-3, OMNeT++, etc.)
- Software engineering, testing, and integration experience in (non-)production setups
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies, NFV and current orchestration frameworks like k8s would be desirable.
- Experience with acquisition and management of complex R&D projects would be an asset.
- Very good written and spoken English skills are required, German skills would be an asset or should at least be acquired.
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Broad range of wellbeing offerings
- Appealing Siemens pension benefits
- Location-dependent childcare services to combine family and career
- Barrier-free locations
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time