Job Description for the position of Project Procurement Manager (Supply Chain Manager)
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time? At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role - challenging and future-oriented
• An experienced SCM Manager to work alongside our Project Managers in our Marine and Fiber verticals
• Lead the Pre-Bid & Post-Bid Project efforts for competitive offers from external vendors
o Review requirement specifications and estimation/target price working with PM /CPM
o Capable of independent evaluation of proposals
o Manual QES, NEXUS QES preparation & Approval
o NEXUS QES & SAP PO Approvals
• Support project team during execution cycle – Plan, Review/Monitor and update the vendor supplies to meet the project schedule
• Responsible for MIS topics for SCM – SCM MIS Reporting, OPEN PO review, PUMA tool management, Cost out Measures – CNI/CTG ownership
• Leading SCM response in internal reviews/meetings (PSR | Weekly SCM | OPEN PO | QUALITY)
• Collaborate with other SCM colleagues/Commodity Managers – for common items and commodity related procurements, etc.
• Manage Vendor database:
o Enhancing existing vendor base
o New Vendor evaluation and registration
o Vendor quality audit & delivery efficiency measurement, Vendor rating
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• BE/BTech/Diploma – Electrical Engineering / Electronics / Industrial Electronics
• 10+ years’ experience in Project Procurement of Electrical components/systems across electrical and automation field
• Well versed with the supply chain process
o Technical: Basic knowhow of LV/MV Drives panels, Automation panels, LT/HT panels, Transformers, Bus-ducts, UPS/Battery Chargers)
o Commercial: Basic knowhow of costing, taxation, Inco-terms, Logistics, PO process, etc. Knowhow of various regulations such as EEMA would be great to have.
• Certification in Supply Chain Management either internal or external would certainly have preference
• Confident in vendor facing with good communication skills (speaking as well as writing)
• Efficient and fast in perfect & on-time ordering
• Organized in maintaining effective supply chain dashboard
This role is based in Kalwa, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.