At Siemens Mobility, we are changing the way people travel, from smart road systems to digital railways. But it’s the people that make our company. Not the other way around!
We are currently looking for Rolling Stock Maintenance Technicians / Overhaul Technicians / Engineers to join us in Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock working on our Thameslink contract.
Siemens won its largest order in Great Britain by securing the Thameslink Project. The Thameslink project links Bedford, which is in the capital's northeast, with Brighton, which is on the south coast, creating a north-south commuter route via London. The project is one of the biggest rail infrastructure projects in the UK since it brings a high capacity, high frequency service with longer trains, wider platforms, and new stops.
The first Thameslink network Desiro City train for Greater London went into operation in June 2016 followed by 115 trains by 2018. For this brand-new fleet of trains, Siemens also took on full-service ongoing maintenance. Two depots were built by Siemens with an estimated 400 million euros invested. The construction of the hi-tech train care facilities in Three Bridges, Crawley, and Hornsey, North London, placed a high priority on predictive maintenance and servicing for long term.
We are looking for individuals to join us and support this prestigious project in multiple locations such as Hornsey in North London, Crawley in West Sussex and our outstation locations such as Three bridges, Farringdon and Cricklewood.
To be successful in the role, you will need strong electrical, mechanical and fault diagnosis experience. Rail experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
What are your responsibilities
- Undertake routine maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan
- Carry out download diagnosis and fault-finding to an advanced level
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise
What do you need to qualify for the role
- Relevant experience within a predominately electrical engineering environment
- Experience in documenting actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Good knowledge and understanding for cares of tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a laptop for diagnostic, fault-finding and rectification purposes
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Fault-finding experience is highly desired for this role
- Ability to produce detailed complex, analytical technical reports
- Flexibility to accommodate shifts patterns is required
Important to note
We currently have opportunities available to work on a shift pattern/rotation (12 hour shifts, mixture of days and nights) or only day shifts.
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
During the selection process, Siemens use specific criteria in line with our grading framework to ascertain where you would sit within our Technician structure. Siemens will make you an offer at the level deemed appropriate from performance throughout the selection and assessment process.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Create a better #TomorrowWithUs
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time