KNOWLEDGE FOR THE WORLD OF TOMORROW
The Research Group Head manages and leads the research group for coatings and metal additive manufacturing technologies within the Technology Field for Additive Manufacturing and Materials. The RG Head is responsible for strategic management of lab infrastructure and personnel competencies to meet business unit demands. He/she actively seeks contact with Siemens business units and works to continuously expand his/her network for the establishment of collaborative projects. The RG Head should represent Siemens Technology in regional technical professional societies and working groups.
YOUR NEW ROLE
- You develop both a technology and a business strategy and have overall budget and cost center responsibility for your Research Group
- You will provide the research group with first-class EHS compliance and awareness. Responsible for compliance with all EHS requirements and processes.
- You coach and supervise selected employees towards their further development as experts, managers or project careers.
- Initiate technical projects within and between RGs and relevant client organizations.
- Contribute to new, innovative technologies. You actively and systematically develop patent portfolios
- Represent TF and RG interests externally: be part of conference committees, maintain excellent networks with institutes and universities.
- You drive the development of AM and material processing technologies through customer-funded and self-funded research projects.
- You ensure knowledge and technology transfer within the Research Group and with other Research Groups in the AMM Technology Field.
THIS IS WHAT YOU BRING
- University degree in relevant field for the technologies of metal additive manufacturing and coating technologies (Mechanical engineering, materials science, manufacturing processes, or other), doctorate preferred.
- 5+ years work experience post academia.
- Experience in acquisition and leadership of government subsidized technology development projects.
- Experience as team or department lead in an engineering or research environment.
- Highly motivated and driven business leader with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and English and German language communication skills, both on a technical and managerial level.
- Capability of presenting complex technical topics in a clear and structured way, ability to moderate discussions, meetings and projects.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
FAQ - if you need further information on the application process.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time