Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Large Drives India Pvt Ltd (SLDIPL), a group company of Siemens Large Drives GmbH-Germany, provides leading Electrical, Automation & Digitalization (EAD) and Value-added solutions (Cybersecurity) for the core Minerals industries viz. Cement, Mining & Material Handling, Metals-Non-Process etc.
SLDIPL, with its highly motivated team, provides comprehensive solutions to its customers encompassing the full value chain i.e. Turnkey Solutions, Systems, Products, Manufacturing and Services, and has huge aspirations to grow its footprint in Industrial projects thru’ Sustainable and Digitalization solutions. This Growth journey requires a close interaction with customers, to understand their requirements and offer them suitable solutions, thru new ideations and co-creation.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for supporting this Business Growth through designing Quality software’s & hardware engineering required for Cement Plants. The Automation Engineer will coordinate with all internal stake holders, vendors & customers to develop the solution(s) based on customer feedback/ requirements.
- Responsible for the development, testing & onsite commissioning of Solution based on PCS7 CEMAT for Cement Industry.
- Responsible for the hardware engineering & testing of Automation Panels.
- Responsible for onsite Installation & Commissioning of Automation Systems, Network, IT components etc.
- Responsible for onsite installation & Commissioning of Profibus / Profinet based networks to communicate with Simocodes, Drives & 3rd party packages.
- Deputation & Travel extensively to customer sites for Commissioning & Support services.
- Identify Solution opportunities in Minerals Market thru’ close engagement with Customers, understanding their specific requirements, positioning our solutions for value selling and developing a preferred partner relationship for us with our customers.
- Pursue the Digitalization opportunities in the Minerals market and support in the Development of suitable Solutions
- Position our Automation Solutions as leading Technologies for Minerals Market, by demonstrating our value proposition of delivering reliable, sustainable, and affordable solutions.
- Guiding, coaching, and developing the skills and knowledge of the sales and business development teams to find, grow win, and deliver opportunities for complete electrical, Automation & digitalization solutions which cover Minerals applications.
- Collaborate and drive initiatives as required and to communicate with complete transparency to all team members and management on lessons learnt & standardisation.
- Understand Customer pain points & convert them to Digitalization solutions
- Conduct customer workshops & co-ordinate internally with the Software Product development team
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in industrial projects environment with hands-on technical knowledge of Automations and/or Digital applications.
- Experience with Automation software’s like PCS7, TIA, STEP7 & CEMAT.
- Experience with Field Communication protocols Profibus, Profinet, Modbus, RS232 etc.
- Experience with Computer installation, networking, patching & hardening of IT solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of driving application of standardized processes and tools (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience of project execution in similar domain, energy conservation areas & KPI calculations will be an added advantage.
- Overview of solutions related to zero emission efforts & decarbonization will be an added advantage.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach, with strong communication and relationship-building skills
- A Degree in Automation Engineering.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Delhi-India location. You will also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you will need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you will get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time