- Currently enrolled as a university an undergraduate, graduate student, or PhD student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Able to work 40 hr/wk in Summer 2023
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Prototype new algorithms to help AFS R&D members implement new AFS features
- Conduct performance and capacity analysis of algorithms and implementation
- Research and evaluate 3rd party software packages to help implement new features or improve existing ones
- Make presentations to the R&D team and write reports on findings and conclusions.
- Currently enrolled in BS, MS or PhD program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or other relevant discipline
- Outstanding academic record
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Proficient with at least one of the common scripting languages (preferably Python)
- Proficient with at least one of the common high level programming languages (preferably C++)
- Advanced coursework in Linear Algebra, Algorithms and Operating Systems
- Coursework in one or more of:
- Numerical Analysis
- Electronic Design Automation topics
- Machine Learning
- Analog Circuit Analysis
- Computer Architecture
- Compiler Design
- Experience using MATLAB
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.