- Able to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) in summer 2023
- Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate or graduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Able to work in 2-3 days a week onsite in Wilsonville, OR or Fremont, CA
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- You will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and supporting our industry leading chip finishing platform Calibre DESIGNrev.
- You will have the opportunity to work on extensively multithreaded GUI design and development, algorithms & data structures for high capacity, high performance computational geometry and computer graphics.
- You will team up with a group of senior software engineers to contribute to new components and algorithms and to support existing components.
- You will collaborate with quality assurance, technical publications, marketing, and customer support to deliver high-quality products on schedule, and participate in planning, scheduling and estimation of tasks.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Multithreaded/distributed programming in C/C++ on Linux, GUI toolkits like Qt.Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment and shell scripting.Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming.
- Familiarity with scripting languages Python, Tcl/Tk, Perl.
- Strong object-oriented analysis, design, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Adherence to tenets of quality software development and craftsmanship.
- Proven attention to detail, the ability to accurately estimate software tasks and to work to schedule.
- Self-motivation, the desire to take technical ownership, and a results-driven positive attitude and team-orientation.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with digital and custom physical implementation tools from Cadence, Synopsys, or Siemens EDA (Mentor Graphics).
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.