The time to change is now!
It is time to build a sustainable future and define how we evolve through technology with purpose.
At Lisbon Tech Hub we create value in the business digital transition, from Portugal to the world, and IT solutions with purpose. Our team has more than 1300 experts working in areas such as Analytics & Business Intelligence, Application Lifecycle Management, Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure Management, IT Project & Service Management and IT Strategy & User Experience.
Lisbon Tech Hub innovates, designs, transforms the information technology solutions and services for Siemens through our delivery units.
Transforming our future starts with every day!
Are you one of them? Join us!
What role will you play?
We have lots of ideas about how to successfully drive digitalization in companies. For example, with open cloud platforms, highly developed security systems, and clever tools for developers. What is your role in this? Move the world from behind the scenes with your IT expertise and passion for game-changing information technology. Rethink IT and steer projects in completely new directions. Be bold when others would have given up. In short, play a key role in driving digitalization forward! We’ll provide the resources you need to do this. We also offer a variety of opportunities to get involved and to be part of a global network of IT experts and professionals. Welcome to our world!
This position requires expertise in data architecture & data modelling frameworks, a DataOps mindset to enable scalable data product delivery and a data first mindset. You make other data teams shine! The work will cover an active collaboration and co-creation with different data teams around the globe focusing on topics such as data architecture, best practices, solution designs, reusable patterns, CI/CD and agile working methods. A successful candidate will work with state-of-the-art technologies, initialize innovation, enable other data teams, and bring advanced data product delivery into the organization’s workflow. Most data, analytics and AI projects fail because operationalization is addressed as an afterthought - you make it part of the process.
Your problem-solving mindset creates real business value. This is your role.
- You are part of an international data analytics team with diverse backgrounds, utilizing state-of-art data analytics methods to accelerate Siemens internal digitalization.
- You interact regularly with internal customers and other data teams across Siemens as a consultant, enabler, and mentor.
- You drive pragmatic approaches to solve complex business problems leveraging your data expertise.
- You design and implement ready-for-production DataOps methods and pipelines improving the way data teams develop, test, and deploy data products. You keep abreast of new products and product improvements and constantly work on innovating and improving our modern data stack.
- You create visibility for the team’s activity and products, communicate successes and business value generated by applying modern data architecture and modelling frameworks.
- You understand cloud-native technologies and platforms.
- You are familiar in data and AI-related agile software development lifecycle methodologies, development, unit testing and integration frameworks.
- You focus your expertise on reusing and automation.
- You leverage collaborative data development tools that let data teams work more effectively.
- Participate in code reviews, retrospectives, and lunch-and-learns
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data
- You shape and implement the data architecture, including standards for data models, metadata, security, reference data such as product catalogs, and master data such as customers and products.
- You take technical ownership of key projects and manage those projects with the key stakeholders from the business
We are looking for:
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- A university degree in IT, Engineering, Economics or related
- Experience with data modelling frameworks like DataVault, Dimensional Modelling, Kimball & Inmon
- Expert programming skills in SQL and preferably Python
- Understanding of modern CI/CD pipelines and how to establish them
- Working with major Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure) and associated warehouses and tools (Snowflake, DBT)
- Very good command of English
- German is a plus
- You are a real team player
- Fluency in other languages is a plus
What makes us proud as an employer:
- The Biggest of Tech Portugal -Technology Production Category (Awarded by Exame Informática and Visão Magazines)
- Top Companies to work in Portugal (Awarded by LinkedIn)
- Healthy Workplaces Award - 3rd large corporations (Awarded by Portuguese Psychologists’ Association)
- Most ESG responsible company in Tech/Industrial Sector (Awarded by Merco Corporate Reputation Monitor)
- 2nd Best Engineering Company (Awarded by Teamlyzer, biggest portuguese tech community platform)
We are thrilled to have:
A hybrid working model with a flexible working hours policy in order to promote work life balance. A budget for setting up a home office, health insurance, possibility to have a sabbatical leave or non-paid time off and a financial support program for your studies.
You also have a medical center on the premises, sports groups, 2 days volunteering, access to e-learning platforms (Learnlight, Linkedin Learning and more) and discounts with partners.
To all these benefits we add the possibility to work in a fresh, relaxed, and always motivated environment
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is glad to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool!
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time