Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Cyclotron Engineer.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Cyclotron Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Work in compliance with all regulatory standards including EH&S, cGMP, Radiation Safety, applicable pharmacy laws, DOT, and internal policies and interpretations of the above as required.
- Able to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks and responsibilities. Provides service maintenance for multiple cyclotrons, chemistry modules and analytical equipment. Provides maintenance oversight for facility equipment service performed by 3rd parties.
- Perform manufacturing (cyclotron and chemistry module operation) and quality control processes (utilizing analytical equipment TLC, HPLC, GC), under supervision as required by State and Federal law, as required.
- Supports the site in execution of Preventative Maintenance of Cyclotrons, Chemistry Modules, and QC Equipment as per the SOP's as required.
- Implement approved SOP changes to preventative maintenance, production and quality control processes.
- Incorporate new technology, products and processes into daily operations.
- Participate in new personnel training related to site equipment.
- Responds to calls for service support within a reasonable amount of time.
- Completes and submits work history tickets in a timely fashion and includes all relevant details.
- Schedules work and support the site manager in optimizing spare parts usage to minimize costs and maximize effectiveness.
- Support the site in monitoring and improvement of Up Time for all production and analytical system(s).
- Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product and equipment performance and recommends modifications and improvements.
- Participates in routine biomarker production function as directed by the site manager.
- Support the manufacturing staff in routine logistics functions including preparing product for shipment, coordinating courier schedules and documenting as directed by the site manager.
- Other tasks as assigned by the site manager.
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
· 2-5 years of experience in servicing, troubleshooting and maintaining capital equipment or laboratory equipment
· You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
· You are Siemens Eclipse Cyclotron certified
· You are Siemens Explora certified
· You have experience in repairing CRL and Telemanipulator remote arms
· You have an excellent low and high voltage, RF and vacuum systems background
· You have basic plumbing experience
· You have very good mechanical abilities
· You have experience setting up LAN systems and LAN switches
· You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
· Ability to make shift changes often and weekend availability
· Working knowledge of the PET radioisotope production workflow preferred
· Analytical Chemistry Equipment and Processes (HPLC, GC, TLC) experience preferred but not required
· Bachelors or Associates Degree in Chemistry, Science, Engineering or related field preferred but not required
· Working knowledge of the PET radioisotope production preferred
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.