Siemens Mobility Limited are recruiting for a supervisor to be based at our Three Bridges Depot in Crawley. You will supervise the day-to-day operations within the Three Bridges maintenance facility building. If successful, you will also ensure that the associated activities that support the operation of the fleet and depot is carried out in a safe way adhering to health and safety requirements, defined processes and regulations
Be part of an award-winning company. We have been a leader for seamless, sustainable, reliable and secure transport solutions for more than 160 years. Also at Siemens Mobility, we put our people at the centre of everything we do. Our employees voted us as one of the best places to work in the UK in the Glassdoor Employee Choice awards 2021. Join us to help build the future and make real what matters.
What are your responsibilities?
- Leading the team from the shop floor to safely and effectively deliver the daily Train Service
- Implementing management policy
- Resolving staff issues and escalating only if resolution is beyond your authority.
- Ensuring continuous development of the team to create a high performance
- Assure the quality of the product i.e., the safety and reliability of the train or component worked on.
- Investigate all near miss reports raised by your team. Where the investigation indicates another supervisor or manager should own the investigation, pass this on to them via Entropy.
- Conduct regular walks of the areas where work is taking place. Record results of such walks/tours where audit programmes are running.
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Know-How
- Leadership experience
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral Strong organization/planning skills
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and environment requirements
- Technical knowledge of Rolling Stock maintenance procedures/practices Engineering ONC or equivalent qualification or experience
- Basic understanding of continuous improvement principles Contract/Commercial knowledge
This is a permanent opportunity and requires working 40 hours a week on a shift pattern of days and nights.
We will also require you to complete some mandatory online testing for this role.
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time