Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate ready to take your next steps in the world of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Communications? Join our Intern Development Programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your year in industry with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work.
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) function is responsible for driving the ED&I strategy and works with external stakeholders, internal ED&I employee networks, as well as many functions across the business to help develop a diverse and inclusive organisation at Siemens. www.siemens.co.uk/diversity
Embark on your 12-month placement with us whilst taking part in our fantastic intern development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Communications.
The ED&I Communications intern will support the ED&I Community Manager in planning and executing communications activity for the year. In addition, you will have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of projects from across the whole HR function or within employee networks, according to your interest.
Specifically your role will include
- Developing the annual ED&I communications calendar and planning for the major awareness days and executing against the plan, in collaboration with ED&I Community manager and Communications specialists.
- Work with employee networks and HR colleagues to identify interesting role models and stories. Support the development of podcasts, videos, articles, blogs to create interesting content which engages employees and builds awareness
- Work in collaboration with the recruitment marketing function to promote ED&I activity externally in support of our employee brand and diverse attraction objectives including supporting with marketing campaigns, website content and social media updates.
- Supporting employee networks to ensure they have knowledge of and access to the internal and external communications tools and channels.
- Manage the ED&I Learning Channel, by uploading new content, reviewing new training modules and promoting uptake of learning.
- Analysing the effectiveness of all ED&I communications and make recommendations
- Supporting the ED&I Community Manager with adhoc activities
- You will be studying towards an HR or Business-related degree looking to complete a 12-month Internship as part of your degree, having a strong interest in a career in HR or Communications. You must be able to demonstrate a passion for advancing equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You are creative and can demonstrate a wide range of communication skills
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates for whom remote working is attractive and we see this as an opportunity for someone who may have a disability or other reasons for preferring to work remotely.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the intern development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/interns) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Communications. Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £20,550 per annum. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your individual needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: People & Organization
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time