As a senior Multi-Cloud Kubernetes Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll apply specialized knowledge of container, Kubernetes and public cloud infrastructure design & operation, to assist with the development and onward operation of a multi-cloud container runtime platform supporting DISW Cloud enabled products & services. You’ll work in a dynamic, cross-functional, geographically dispersed team, working with subject matters experts from software engineering, devops, security, networks, firewalls, computing & storage to deliver a global, powerful, scalable, cost efficient, highly available platform that meets the changing needs of the business.
• Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure, supporting a Kubernetes Runtime environment used for the development of Cloud Native applications
• Build, release, and manage the configuration of all production systems
• Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based technologies
• Manage Kubernetes & associated services in AWS and On-Premise Datacentres
• Work alongside architecture and engineering teams to design and implement any scalable software services
• Ensure necessary system security by using best in class cloud security solutions
• Stay current with new technology options and vendor products, evaluating which ones would be a good fit for the company
• Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary
• Recommend process and architecture improvements
• Troubleshoot the system and solve problems across all platform and application domains
• Oversee pre-production acceptance testing to ensure the high quality of a company’s services and products
• Experience using AWS
• Experience designing and building web environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, and S3
• A solid background in Linux/Unix and Windows server system administration
• Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Terraform, Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, and Sonar Qube
• Experience installing and configuring different application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat, and WebLogic
• Experience using monitoring solutions like CloudWatch, ELK Stack, and Prometheus
• An understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC), using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
• Knowledge of one or more of the most-used programming languages available for today’s cloud computing (i.e., SQL data, XML data, R math, Clojure math, Haskell functional, Erlang functional, Python procedural, and Go procedural languages)
• Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems
• Proficiency in script development and scripting languages
• The ability to be a team player
• The ability and skill to train other people in procedural and technical topics
• Strong English Language communication and collaboration skills
At Siemens we are always challenging
ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and
diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about
the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.