A Snapshot of Your Day
Working together for the future
What does the future look like? What can we expect there? We do not know exactly. But we are doing everything we can to make tomorrow's world a lot smarter and a little better. To do this, we need new idea providers and initiators who will decide what next steps we can take. Real pioneers who initiate innovative projects in research and development and show unusual solutions. Because we have planned a lot: Given the highly dynamic and complex technological landscape shaped by endeavors such as Industry 4.0 (“the 4th Industrial Revolution”), Industrial Internet of Things, and Critical Infrastructures, Siemens products must be secure and resilient from the start - our curiosity about the feasible behind "unthinkable" is endless! It's your chance: join us in driving global change.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Development of advanced IT security protection concepts in innovative development projects
- Administration of a VMWare environment as basis for critical infrastructure projects, including:
- Install and configure new systems and applications, including operating systems, network devices, and other infrastructure components
- Monitor systems performance to identify and predict problems and make adjustments
- Manage the lifecycle of the virtualization components aligned with the cyber security guidelines and mandatory patching activities
- Maintain and manage the backups
- Troubleshoot and resolve VMware environment issues
- Provide technical support and document VMware processes
- Pursuit of technical developments and technological trends as well as constant expansion of know-how in IT security
- Create disaster recovery plans and procedures for responding to major outages affecting the data center
- Fix security issues as they arise, identify, and mitigate security threats
What You Bring
- MSc degree in computer science or electrical engineering, ideally with a focus on IT, security, automation, software development, or comparable education and professional training with additional qualifications
- Proven experience in hands-on, technical tasks performed in the IT- or system administrator landscape (e.g. Windows and Linux; MacOS is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of VMware technologies focused on HCI like vSphere, ESXi, vSAN, NSX-T, vRops, and vRLI
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Scripting experience with common languages like Shellscript (Bash), Python etc.
- Knowledge of relevant IETF standards (for, e.g. X.509 PKI, digital signatures, IAM, etc.)
- Experience in current attack methods, manual penetration testing methods, and hacking tools
- Project management skills (certification is a plus);
- Ability to work in a self-guided and result-oriented way, with a clear desire to become acknowledged technical expert in your own area of expertise
- Proficient in spoken and written English, German is a plus;
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Who are we?
With over 100 years of presence in Romania, Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization.
Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. The Technology division in Brasov, Cluj-Napoca and Bucharest are the competence center for research, software development, as well as IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies. For more information about Siemens please visit www.siemens.ro and www.siemens.com.
Make your mark in our exciting world as Siemens!
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more results-oriented and better prepared to respond efficient to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Company: Siemens S.R.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time