Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Automation Informatics Consultant to Pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
Location: Southaven, MS or Memphis, TN
Shift: Monday to Friday, 4a to 1p (eligible for shift differential pay)
**company vehicle will be provided for business and personal use**
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Automation Informatics Consultant, you will be responsible for:
-The Automation Informatics Consultant (AIC) will be typically dedicated to one specific MegaLab customer account, providing on-site support for Siemens automation and middleware solutions. The AIC will also be responsible for providing dedicated, on-site customer support for system configuration, which includes pre-installation, installation, training, troubleshooting and post-implementation support of Siemens Healthineers’ middleware and automation products. The Automation Informatics Consultant will support multiple operational shifts including on-call rotations.
-The areas of responsibilities are to work closely with on-site Siemens Healthineers’ management, first, second and third-shift employees. The MegaLab customer-dedicated, on-site Automation Informatics Consultant must respond to difficult on-site system problems. The Automation Informatics Consultant will be integral to the planning of an installation, instrument setup and training of on-site, customer lab personnel.
-The AIC will routinely interact directly with customers including Laboratory Managers, Supervisors and IT Administrators as well as external Laboratory Information System vendors and 3rd party middleware companies.
• Assist in meeting business objectives
• Pre-installation and installation support
• Hospital enterprise IT and security
• Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface communication
• Network security and connectivity agreement
• Customer specific workflow decisions that will determine system configuration
• Implementation activities including software installation
• Network setup
• Application configuration
• Performing verification and acceptance testing
• Training of lab personnel
• Post-implementation support activities (on-site and remote)
• Follows the Siemens Diagnostics escalation process
• Perform software upgrades
• Attending meetings/conference calls
• Complying with Siemens quality/regulatory policy
• Able to independently solve problems and troubleshoot to resolve software malfunctions
• Responds positively and appropriately to challenge with minimal assistance
• Seeks guidance from appropriate personnel if needed
• Understands the implication of change, adapts quickly and adjusts appropriately
• Develops a technical support network within Siemens to achieve results
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS Computing or Information Technology, or Engineering
• Healthcare IT, security, and data privacy
• Computer Hardware: physical ports (Serial, Parallel, RJ-X, PS/2, VGA, USB, SATA, IDE); Serial-to-USB Converters; Memory; NICs; Hard Drives; Optical Drives; Printer Installation; UPS
• Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser, RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery
• Windows: XP; Windows7+ Server2kx; Name Resolution; Local User and Group management Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities
• Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; LANs; WANs; switching; Internet access technologies
• Logical network concepts: IP Addressing; VLANs; Routing; Packets; Subnets
• Network Infrastructure: DNS; DHCP; Active Directory; Proxy Servers
• Remote Access technologies: RDP; VNC; VPN
• Security concepts: Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; HITECH; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS
• Application Architecture: Thick Client vs. Thin Client, Java, XML, Web Services, Databases
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of network architecture models (OSI, TCP/IP) and theory
• Possess communication and computer skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and customer interaction skills
• Effectively communicate and interact with multiple business functions and management levels
• Strong complex problem solving skills and the ability to translate technical issues into non-technical terms
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, accept responsibility and prioritize without significant management intervention
• Professional attitude, comfortable working in a large corporate setting populated with diverse types of people, maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations, ability to accept change
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, Healthcare IT Technician, etc. or potential to obtain within six months
• Cloud technologies: SaaS, DaaS, IaaS (including virtualization), etc.
• Business skills, including project management, and financial analysis (i.e. ROI, NPV, etc.) to determine impact and value of projects and innovations to business
• Laboratory experience such as MT or MLT and training experience within a Healthcare environment.
• Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and RAID configurations; MySQL and Linux Back-up and Recovery
• Windows: XP, 7; Server2kx; Name Resolution; NTFS permissions; Registry; local Group Policy; Local User and Group management; Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities.
• Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; Encapsulation; VPN; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; bridging; Internet access technologies; ARP
• Security concepts: CIA; Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS
• Must have a clean driving record over the past three years
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific position before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.