Siemens Digital Industries Software is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 175 years.
Brightly, the global leader in intelligent asset management solutions, enables organizations to transform the performance of their assets. Brightly’s sophisticated cloud-based platform leverages more than 20 years of data to deliver predictive insights that help users through the key phases of the entire asset lifecycle. More than 12,000 clients of every size worldwide depend on Brightly’s complete suite of intuitive software – including CMMS, EAM, Strategic Asset Management, IoT Remote Monitoring, Sustainability and Community Engagement. Paired with award-winning training, support and consulting services, Brightly helps light the way to a bright future with smarter assets and sustainable communities.
We are looking for 6 Software Development Engineers to join our Brightly Software team.What you'll be doing
- Drive, design and building of innovative and performant features into our next-generation software applications.
- Apply deep knowledge of computer science & programming principles, combined with empirical professional experience into innovative solutions.
- Develop, integrate & document libraries and frameworks that allow us to effectively scale development on our applications across multiple projects as common services or components, leveraged by multiple products, within scope, cost, time & quality constraints.
- Build and track quality into agile product lifecycle encompassing requirements, design, code, testing, delivery, support.
- Enable and write clear maintainable full-stack solutions that scale, adhere/improve/augment existing standards, working in a professional software engineering environment (source control, shortened release cycles, continuous integration, and deployment, etc.).
- Understand and socialize company goals, metrics and align with the team’s technical goals.
- Advise product owners and UX on what’s feasible technically, a partner in user requirements translation to technical specifications. Participate in product planning sessions as a technical SME.
- Support our products, identify and fix root causes of production incidents, own troubleshooting and resolution of production issues across teams.
- Own discovery, solutioning, monitoring, incident resolution – imbibe and socialize DevOps mindset.
- Own product quality and work to quickly address production defects.
- Embed a DevOps mentality within the team.
- Partner with architects, engineers, development managers, product managers, agile coaches across the engineering practice in an agile environment, with scrum implemented at scale globally.
- Driver in continuous improvement processes through metrics and feedback.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering or any related field.
- Data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, databases, SQL, web programming, design patterns, SOLID principles.
- +2 years of experience in C#, .NET, .NET Core/6 or other object oriented programming languages.
- Experienced in web development, JS frameworks, UI/UX technologies.
- Familar with REST services, SOA, micro-services including integrating with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience in unit testing, mocking frameworks, automation frameworks.
- DevOps mindset and experience in a mature CI/CD environment.
- Implementation of exception handling, key event logging, and performance measurement.
- Experience working in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- Strong communication, partnership, teamwork and influencing skills is a must.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule to co-ordinate with teams in North America.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time