Create a better tomorrow with us.
We are looking for an Application Engineer for Control Products, committed to Electrical Control Products to be hired with a permanent contract in Milan within the Smart Infrastructure Electrical Products area.
Siemens is a focused technology company, pioneering intelligent solutions that transform the everyday in manufacturing, grids, buildings, and transportation. Our technology addresses real problems that affect the future of humanity.
You love to create an impact? From Day 1 you are empowered to make a difference for a better tomorrow with your full potential and creativity.Your Challenge
As Application Engineer your mission will be to collect customer and market requirements for product improvements, using this information to help engineering and test teams in product developmentSome of the main activities will be:
- Develop the Italian product strategy observing constantly relevant markets indications being responsible for a long-term roadmap for the product lifecycle, which ensures the commercial success into the region, in agreement with Head Quarter directives.
- Support technical promoters and sales representatives defining and implementing guidelines, goals and initiatives to stimulate the sales growth of the product of its own responsibility. Identify and follow-up strategic business opportunities in coordination with the sales force.
- Develop competitive analysis and formulation of competitive strategies for all new and existing products.
- Plan and redact product promotion and new features introductions, including sales and technical trainings. Also responsible for product marketing promotion plans including trade shows, product literature plan, product training plan and product distribution plan to achieve business goals.
- Support the control panel designers in sizing the low voltage control products and suggest the accurate installation method according to the relevant standards (IEC, UL, CSA ...)
- Suggest the correct parameter setting for those devices that need to be adjusted during commissioning.
- Assist the customers in the integration of the communication capable devices in the bus communication systems (Profinet, Ethernet, Modbus etc…) and in the automation environment
To be a perfect fit for this role, you would already have:
- Confirmed experience in electrical control products (low voltage)
- Knowledge of IEC standards and In-depth understanding of North American standards (mainly NFPA, UL and CSA) for control panel engineering and industrial machines.
- Familiar in using electrical and automation engineering tools
- Education background in Industrial Electrical Engineering or Automation
- Available for frequent short business trips on national and sometimes also international level.
- Attitude for customer relationship management and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups and peer business units.
- Passion to never-stop growing
- Respect and appreciation of each person’s uniqueness, willingness to co create and share knowledge
- Proficiency in English and Italian
- Eligibility to work in Italy
- Flexibility: trustful environment with an inclusive and flexible way of working driven by results,; hybrid and remote working enabled by innovative tools and devices, personal computer and smartphone; wi-fi connection reimbursement.
- Welfare: flexible welfare programs and health insurance extendable to your family; professional and extraprofessional accident insurance; free on-site lunch options.
- Never stop growing: plenty opportunities for continuous and individual learning journeys
- An inclusive team culture where you can be yourself
Join us and be yourself. Inclusion is our ambition!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of uniqueness, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to unleash their full potential.
Address to us your desired working conditions/ environment. Typically, this kind of position is full-time, however please feel free to ask for a more flexible arrangement if that suits better to you.
For more details about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!#MakeYourImpact #LI-Hybrid
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time