Siemens Digital Industries Software is an engineering innovation company, with a consistent track record in the area of experimental, numerical, and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system engineering for performance, noise, vibration, durability, and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on sophisticated methods and applications.
We are a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens PLM Software collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make more inquisitive decisions that result in better products.Your challenge and opportunity:
Engineering Services projects address an international community. This gives interested engineers an ambitious working environment, in cooperation with Japanese, Chinese, German, French, … specialists that work in pioneering processes and at the edge of technology, such as electric drivelines and their integration into the vehicle.
We are seeking a project engineer to join the Engineering Services group in Villefranche-sur-saone in France (30 min north of Lyon). The focus for this function is on the management and execution of projects in the area of performance and energetic analysis, with a primary focus on automotive markets. The projects can take from a couple of weeks, where only two people work together, to several years where typically projects are subdivided in work packages implemented with a larger team with sub-responsibilities.
Project teams are composed based on the project at hand. As such one gets different challenges in every new project, but also has different team members in every project, facilitating a fast development of technical skills and experience.Your profile:
- Master degree in Engineering or PhD (preferred mechanical, thermal, electrical, mechatronics)
- Interest and understanding of mechanical and/or electro-mechanic engineering where knowledge of vehicle technology is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of thermal management using refrigeration loops (HVAC, Heat Pump systems, etc…) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Python and Matlab is a plus.
- Experience in multi-physics testing, advanced instrumentation, for a variety of applications or market segments is a plus.
- Experience in system simulation CAE 1D is required, in 3D CFD is a plus.
- Experience in AI is a plus.
- Application knowhow about electric motor design, performance and control together with an interest in working on the integration in full vehicle is a strong plus.
- Good practical analytical skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Eager to travel (few times a year, few days to 1 week)
- Dynamic teammate, who takes on challenges and responsibility for his own projects, both on the technical side as on the project management and customer relation side.
- Fluency in English is required (speaking, writing and reading).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future.
Siemens Digital Industries Software Careers: Land your dream job with us!#LI-NC1
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software SAS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time