Improve revenue through the direction and mentoring of Sales Managers on Strategic Named Accounts and 'key' Vertical Markets through the creation and management of a organizational strategy. Ability to understand/articulate and align customer strategy with SPLMS solutions independently. Ensures sales goals are met within organization strategies. Maintains coordination with integral organization functions. Responsible for resource allocation including budget as well as the hiring; firing; performance appraisals and pay reviews of sales management and associated sales force.
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Operations Management:
- Understand, apply and, where appropriate, contribute to the Siemens PLM Global strategy
- Ensure the delivery of internal communications and awareness of corporate direction, mission, aims and procedures in business terms.
- Lead the definition of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for Zone Sales team, and provide input to Global AOP. Set appropriate budget plans for zone operation. Manage and control departmental expenditure and headcount within agreed budgets, supervising on-going progress against AOP and reports to Global Sales VP.
- Support the long term holistic strategy for customer retention in conjunction with other internal business units, to leverage future opportunities and growth within the customers wider business.
- May deputize for Sales Vice President as required, and support country Sales activities in the absence of a country Sales Manager on a request basis.
Sales Operations Management:
- Lead the definition of a comprehensive Region Sales strategy based on past experience, appreciation and understanding of the marketplace and the current key drivers for the zone, aligned with global goals, and support its interpretation within a country context.
- Closely monitor the market reaction to the Region Sales strategy and adjust plans accordingly.
- Establish efficient working processes within the Region Sales team and effectively delegate and co-ordinate activities to achieve Region goals
- Supports the Sales activities of a Region and acts as an escalation point for process and customer issues when required
- Lead Sales Managers and liaise with other Regional Sales organizations to ensure consistency of SISW Sales approach
- Spearheads the investigation and evaluation of business potential of new Markets and/or Solutions within the zone.
- Tracks customer purchasing and usage trends in zone sharing, suggesting, and strategizing between zone organizations and with appropriate sales management to determine standards, processes, and strategies, and identifying any gaps.
- Collate voice of the customer information for use in future strategy planning at a Region and Global level.
- Pays close attention to key strategic and global Sales pursuits and develops executive relationships to help support the software sale
- Regularly review key strategic accounts and pursuits to ensure full attention and resources are provided to enable the effective close of the software sale
- Contribute to the development of global partner strategy and coordinate the provision of a support infrastructure to enable the growth of Sales skills to the SISW channel, systems integrators and strategic partners within the Region
- Lead the Region debate and contribute to the global debate on the Sales approach and capability for the future, and the definition of the strategic global agenda for the evolution of the Sales business for Siemens PLM products.
- Lead the definition and drive of the Sales agenda within the zone to ensure that initiatives are focused toward using high quality, repeatable delivery and customer excellence to drive future software sales
- Drive and co-ordinate zone initiatives for business, process improvement and knowledge management that support the Global and Sales business objectives
- Champion the use of whitespace analysis within the zone to enable the growth of the SISW software footprint within existing customer accounts
- Working with HR and Global Management team contribute to the setting of compensation and benefit programs within the Sales organization in line with global guidelines for use within the country organizations
- Working with HR set compensation and benefit programs for any Region Sales staff in line with global guidelines for use within the country organizations
- Working with the appropriate 3rd party or internal support functions and within the appropriate headcount policies and zone team plan, take ownership of and drive the approval and recruitment and selection of any Region Sales staff, and contribute to the selection of key senior Sales staff and Sales Managers within country organizations as required.
- Lead the creation and communication of individual goals for any Region Team Members, ensuring that individual performance and bonus objectives are aligned with the Regional and Global Sales strategy.
- Undertake regular performance appraisals according to Siemens HR processes and identify any direct report performance problems. Handle any subsequent mitigation process, drawing support from suitable internal functions such as HR to ensure adherence to Siemens’s policy and legal requirements
- Ensure appropriate learning and development plans are established for direct reports, with support from L&D or HR Business Partner
- Provide advice and coaching to Sales team on the development and delivery of high quality technical and value presentations, communications of process and industry best practice adoption to customers in order for the customer to gain the highest value from their PLM Solution.
- Provide direction and coaching to Sales managers in the strategic management of the Sales business unit
- Serve as a business & commercial advocate within the Sales team to deliver mentorship and advice on business rigor within customer facing agenda and software sales pursuit
- Contribute to the creation and definition of Standards / Know How regarding PLM Value Messaging and/or Industry/Process Best Practices
- For Key strategic bid proposals and global projects, lead the bid team, liaise across the sales, Sales and services functions to provide oversight and consultancy for, and communicate a clear vision of, the proposed solution within the industry context of the customer.
- Support the organizational culture, values and reputation in company markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Record own expenses in an accurate and timely manner, and efficiently sign off expenses for team where required
- Adhere to all relevant local legislation and corporate policies impacting both business operations and the management of staff
- Always uphold the professional integrity of Siemens
- Upholds and carries out Siemens compliance guidelines at all times
- Enforce all Siemens Health and Safety policies
- Adhere to, and promote all core internal and customer processes relating to the effective undertaking of the role
- Ensure that all communication channels within the business are adhered to.
- Provide input, where appropriate to country/region meetings
- Undertake any business administration in line with job activity, including the approval and management of timesheets
- Undertake any other duties required by the company.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.