Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions, and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground-breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence, and the possibility to contribute proactively. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm.
About the role / Segment
As part of the Services team, you will lead the definition of the services account strategy, facilitate, and support the successful generation of revenue against financial goals derived through the Services delivery business across account portfolio. You will build business relationships with the Siemens delivery teams and Customer stakeholders aligned to SPL Country and Zone objectives. You will contribute and support business planning to accomplish goals of Services. Furthermore, you will develop financially quantified Services proposals with moderate complexity for the Customers and align with their business needs.
You will expand and grow Services revenue in alignment with SPL Country level objectives. You’ll provide direction in Services coverage and capacity resource planning and alignment with the Services delivery teams and Customers, where medium-sized teams are needed.
Finally, you will work under self-management on Services opportunities of medium to high complexity scope. You will provide guidance and mentoring across Vertical / Country boundaries to Engagement Architects.
Area of responsibility
Account Planning and Support
- Contribute to the value planning activities with the Sales Account Manager, Portfolio Development and Pre-Sales Business Development team
- Use commercial and business acumen to lead the robust review and handover of the desired solution ensuring that the defined project scope can be delivered within time, budget, and quality goals
- Identify and engage with other Siemens team members as needed to support opportunity growth
- Determine and obtain concurrence for the customer specific Service engagement model and translate into the Statement of Work, adhering to global standards and legal requirements
- Regularly communicate with various levels of the Siemens and customer teams including executive level messages
- Develop the project scope definition using the Services Delivery Framework and tools
- Thoroughly define the project estimate using the Services Delivery Framework based estimating process
- Identify and convey the initial project risks and including their assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies for projects of moderate complexity
- Maximise the resource options and costing model for the project/program (e.g., GDC, Partners, Contractors) to achieve efficiency for the customer and commercial viability for Siemens
- Prepare and review the detailed statement of Work documentation and obtain Siemens’ and the customer’s acceptance
- Recognise the need to engagement with the Siemens legal, commercial and leadership teams to resolve customer engagement teams
- Lead the Services negotiation activities with the customer and clearly establish the conditions for the project change
- Bridge the Gap between Sales and Professional Services delivery to meet and manage client expectations
- Work with Services Management to request and assign appropriately skilled and experienced resources to fill key Siemens project positions for the Project Management and, if required, Lead Architect for medium engagements, and ensure project onboarding is effectively achieved.
- Support the Project Manager to engage and contract any required offshore/nearshore/partner/systems integrator/contractor resources
- Participate as a committee member on customer committees for each active project and contribute to the periodic account reviews such as Technical Review Boards (TRBs) and Management Review Boards (MRBs)
- Participate in project status review meetings
- Support the issue escalation process and ensure resolution progress for both project and commercial issues
- Ensure that customer product needs are communicated to Product Management team within Product Development processes
Learning, Mentoring and Leadership
- Ensure usage of the Siemens Framework across account portfolio, ensuring the usage of required templates and tools to drive standardisation
- Obtain and share Industry, Business Segment and Portfolio knowledge and best practices
- Develop best practice tools and lessons learned to share with Zone level Engagement Management peers and register in the Services Delivery Framework sharing system
- Provide input into performance reviews for key project contributors
- Contribute feedback to the standard practices and tools teams to ensure continuous improvement
Services Business Planning and Management
- Achieve assigned Services ad revenue targets from existing and new customer accounts
- Support the monthly revenue and invoicing activities for active projects, to enable the services business to meet billing and revenue requirements
- Ensure that project proposals meet the Siemens financial objectives
- Create an annual plan providing revenue, costs, and headcount predictions, contributing these to the Services Annual Operating Planning and Strategy processes
- Maintain a rolling monthly and quarterly pursuit forecast/pipeline of future revenue, and revenue forecasts for the active contracted projects, updating relevant systems accordingly
- Monitor and report costs against the Engagement Management annual budget
- Monitor and report margin of active contracted projects
- Develop a rolling forecast of skill set needs for existing and pipeline projects
- Provide peer proposal reviews and feedback
- Support the organisational culture, values, and reputation in company markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners, and regulatory/official bodies
- Willing and able to travel to appropriate work locations, as required by SISW or specified by the customer pursuit/project
- Willing and available to work the core hours required by SISW or specified by the customer project, respecting local country legislation and company policies
- Record expenses in an accurate and timely manner
- Always uphold the professional integrity of Siemens
- Always upholds and enforces Siemens’s compliance guidelines
- Adhere to all Siemens Health and Safety policies
- Adhere to, and promote all core internal and customer processes relating to the effective undertaking of the role
- Ensure that all communication channels within the business are adhered to
- Provide input, where appropriate to team meetings
- Undertake any business administration in line with job activity
- Undertake any other duties required by the company
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of implementation/sales within Product Lifecycle Management, preferably within Teamcenter, will be an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Good ability to build relationships, persuade and influence at all levels
- Understanding of business processes and challenges within digitalization
- Ability to deliver user training where required
- Good knowledge of business systems, such as ERP and CRM packages
- Experience of collecting, analysing, and presenting complex data
- Proven leadership qualities
- Proficient with MS Office; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Professional level of English and Swedish language
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software AB
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time