Location: KHE S
Department: DI PA TI
Mode of Employment: Limited; 17,5 hours/week
Develop what will be important tomorrow.
Innovation has always been important for the success of a company. We believe, however, that staying ahead of trends in our customer industries will become even more important than today. Reliably identifying weak signals that evolve into trends will become a key capability and a major success factor for sustainable innovation in the future. This requires gathering information from various sources like domain experts, trade press, scientific publications, social media, literally all relevant sources on the web - and putting it into context to derive actionable insights. The main challenge lies in leveraging the right methods from fields like qualitative data analysis, natural language processing, information theory and machine learning. Eventually, the goal is to combine and contextualize meaningful information in an explainable way so that it can be shared easily with the everyone seeking for such input for their work.
Welcome to a world of opportunity!
We make real what matters. This is your role.
We want you to explore unchartered terrain with your work and pave the way for a groundbreakingly new approach:
- Lay the foundation by analyzing best-in-class tool chains and gather hands-on experience in real project environments to thoroughly understand the state of the art
- Identify gaps regarding data quality, data segmentation and data mapping to relevant contexts
- Develop and validate quality measures to ensure traceability and the validity of aggregated information
- Synthesize your insights into working software by building a toolchain that brings all the required capabilities together. This walking skeleton will help you to validate your scientific hypotheses with real-world data in real application scenarios
To support your work and to ensure that outcomes will be utilized, we’ll provide the prerequisites for your success:
- You will be embedded with a team of innovation experts and closely collaborate with thought leaders to ensure you can draw from state-of-the-art expertise throughout your work
- You will benefit from academic supervision through first-class experts in the field of innovation and explainable AI to ensure your work delivers a strong scientific contribution
What you need to make real what matters.
- You hold an M.Sc. degree in information systems or computer science, ideally with a strong background in artificial intelligence or analysis of unstructured data or qualitative data analysis
- You have gathered first experience with working in corporate environments in the field of innovation or knowledge management
- Furthermore, you have a strong commitment and feel comfortable with handling big challenges
- You have proven experience in implementing software in at least one high-level programming language
- You are used to thinking business and technology as a whole
- Likewise, you have excellent communication and language skills in German and English, both written and verbal
Wanted: designers of the future.
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
Do you have questions about the application? Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Part-time