Siemens is seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic engineer to join the team responsible for developing the Solid Edge line of software products. Our products are world renowned, used across a wide variety of industry segments, and are a leader in their field. This is a phenomenal opportunity for an individual to work in a small, friendly, and multi-skilled team environment.
The Software Engineer will work on a large commercial CAD application in the area of Solid Edge CAD. The employee will perform software design and software programming for the Solid Edge CAD product with focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality and on-time delivery. The position requires performing all the SDLC steps of software design for one area of a product. The employee will create, document and execute software designs for focused product areas. Some customer interactions may be required.
Work Location: Huntsville, AL (Hybrid = remote + on site)
- Transform user interface specifications into software systems that behave as required.
- Contribute individually or in a team as needed to meet the requirements of various projects.
- Maintain existing software code and resolve customer and internally reported problems.
- Able to solve complex technical problems.
- Able to write clean, robust and maintainable code to minimize the cost of defects over time.
- Work with planners and customers to understand and improve existing code for their area.
- Follow the various steps in the SDLC process including writing design documents and coding.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Must have a strong knowledge of C, C++ and MFC.
- Minimum of 2+ years of programming experience in C, C++.
- Must have some experience and knowledge in at least one of the following languages: VB, C#, or Python.
- Knowledge of advanced data structures, object oriented analysis and design.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Product development experience will be a plus, as will familiarity with the software development life cycle.
- Passion for learning and adopting new technologies.
- Open, communicative and articulate – work well in a team environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, roles, and geographical and time-zone boundaries.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.