Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Biological/Chemical Laboratory Operator.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and invivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
The Biological/Chemical Laboratory Operator, will work with Laboratory Technicians and Biochemists in the production of antibody raw material for manufacturing. The individual will follow production worksheets and area procedures. Position will set up and operate limited equipment in a laboratory setting. Responsibilities will include cell culture expansion, autoclaves operations, formulation, equipment set up, disinfection of lab and area equipment, Aliquoting, and movement of materials in a manufacturing lab environment. Full-time positions, with a regular work week which includes a Saturday or a Sunday are available.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career.
- Works within Specialty Reagents In-Vitro Production team to produce antibody raw material.
- Responsibilities include preparation of nutrient supplements, cell culture expansion, equipment set up, autoclave operation, as well as operating equipment that is needed to harvest and purify antibody material.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling processes while maintaining accurate quality records.
- Working understanding of Windows environment and related software
- Work in a control environment and complete tasks aseptically to ensure no microbial contamination.
- Set up equipment parameters for production using worksheet and/or SOP specifications or procedures.
- You have good PC skills (MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions
- Assist technical support to identify problems, make recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Accountable for completing and maintaining proper documentation of worksheets and other forms of quality documents.
- Check SAP for approval of raw materials.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Vocational training or work experience in a manufacturing or lab environment.
- Attention to detail, and following procedures and area guidelines to comply with quality systems and regulatory agencies (FDA, ISO, OSHA, etc)
- Desire to continue to develop and learn additional laboratory procedures and area functions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Must be able to work Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs shift
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Vocational Training and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.