This role is a techno-commercial role, where the role is expected to provide deep technical knowledge on the entire Low Voltage Electrical and Control Product portfolio. Additionally, the person should be equipped with capability to synthesise the market pricing to formulate and recommend competitive pricing for the relevant products.
He/she is also expected to provide guidance, support and technical advice, to both the sales organization and customers, on capabilities, options and how to use and integrate Siemens products such as Air Circuit Breakers, Low Voltage Switchgear, Miniature Circuit Breakers, Intelligent Motor Protection, Molded Case Circuit Breakers.
The candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience, with significant experience both in technical role relevant to the products mentioned above and in product/system costing and pricing.
The business development team will comprise of 2 people. This role is the leader of the business development team. On a day-to-day basis, the leader will work together with other sales team leaders, the business unit manager, and external customers. Additionally, as leader of the business development team the person will provide guidance to the team member on tasks.
Business Intelligence and Market Awareness
1. Perform long range strategic planning, analysis and prepare summaries, and/or perform operational activities enabling the exploitation of opportunities with collaboration from sales team.
2. Complete market and business research as well as competitor analysis on focus products
3. Own the process for local price list preparation based on inputs of the sales colleagues and market benchmark
4. Coordinating the process of local product catalogs together with the relevant sales team
5. Responsible for a Go-to-market strategy for the Portfolio covering but not limited to: advertising, promotion, price positioning, channel placement, stocking models, market development, market penetration, value-add selling, training and development of the Sales team etc.
6. Work together with sales team in identifying and developing business opportunities through engaging with End users, Partners, Channels, EPCs, Consultants etc.
7. Work with the rest of the SI EP Team to ensure top-line Order and Revenue targets are met
1. Be the focal point with the business development team from HQ
2. Engagement with Siemens Global Product Management regarding possible improvements, provision of professional input with new product development as well as engagement regarding possible issues in need of resolution
3. Support the approval of complete EP products by coordinating with the responsible test labs
4. Provide and train customers with expert advice on correct selection of devices for customers application
5. Develop Siemens presence at Consultants, Architects, EPCs and Contractors through planned visits with sales team and also seminars
6. Work with sales team to look into developing new concepts and solution to offer to the market
7. Maintain and update database on customer support requirements
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time