Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy (SE) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. SE comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
• You would be project lead for the Generator Excitation and Electrical System project and shall play a key role in customization of the electrical solutions (Excitation Systems, Generator Protection Systems (GRP), Generator Control Systems (GCP), Synchronization Systems etc.) to meet the customer expectations.
• You would take-over project from the offer-team, review/comment on the actual project documentation in accordance to Scope of supply and DOW, Cost-calculation incl. supplier offers.
• You would prepare and issue, customer submission documents.
• You would participate in engineering interface reviews & meetings
• You would ensure that the specifications of this engineering function are in accordance with the applicable rules, regulations codes and standards and according to good engineering practice especially with regard to Environmental aspects and Health & Safety of Site Personal, Operators, Maintenance personnel and third parties.
• You would provide technical assistance to Customer / Shop floor / Erection & Commissioning teams.
• You would provide engineering inputs and support to tendering teams for bid preparation.
• You would ensure adherence to quality policies, procedures and directives by group & support quality audits under direction of group head / leads.
• You would provide inputs to group head / leads in identifying training needs and skill gap to handle scope of supply and DOW.
• You would also be responsible for Commissioning of the above mentioned Electrical Systems Projects.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• You’re a bachelor’s in engineering (Electrical / Electronics) with 6 to 8 years of experience in Engineering & Commissioning of Generator Excitation & other electrical system like GRP / GCP / and Synchronization systems.
• You’re having good knowledge of rotating & other electrical machines and power systems.
• You’re having good engineering and commissioning experience in handling Generator Excitation and other Electrical Systems projects like GRP / GCP / Synchronization systems etc.
• Knowledge of Siemens excitation systems like THYRIPOL / RG3 / DIGUREG etc. and ‘know-how’ on the product offerings would be an added advantage.
• You’ve professional exposure to implementation of Electrical Systems Solutions, in power plant or Oil / Gas market.
• As part of profile you will have to travel to customer sites for service support and commissioning and should be willing to travel.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time