At Siemens we promote a growth mindset, the self-belief that we can learn and grow, take on new challenges and adapt to change. We believe that this mindset is more critical that even in an increasingly volatile changing world.
We are currently looking for a Project Procurement Manager for Commuter and Regional trains to join us in Siemens Mobility supporting out Rolling Stock (RS) business.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement Rolling Stock (RS) you will be the interface between procurement and projects and will be responsible for all topics relevant to procurement in the assigned rail vehicle projects for both the UK and international markets.
The role is based out of our newly built Goole factory offices however working from home will be possible as we have adopted the “new normal” working hours. As you will be working very closely with our colleagues in Germany and Austria, you will also be required to travel international on a regular basis.
What part will you play?
- In the future, you will love the results of your work - because your path will lead you to project procurement for regional trains (commuter trains, e.g. Mireo, Desiro trains)
- Working in a small Rolling Stock (RS) Procurement & Logistics team in UKI and supporting local and global projects, which are fully compliant to Siemens Mobility HQ process standards
- You will be responsible for the project procurement function in local and international projects, where you will be a core team member in tenders, platforms and/or project execution
- For this purpose, you will autonomously take on the sales requirements and plan the overall sourcing strategy, including localization requirements (e.g. in UK)
- You will ensure that material cost targets and milestones are met and, if necessary, independently initiate countermeasures in the event of deviations
- In addition, you will individually develop solutions for procurement-relevant tasks (including negotiation strategies, localization requirements, etc.) and point out suitable supplier and material field strategies
- Identify and manage procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, and claims during the entire lifecycle of a project, will also be part of your daily work.
What you need to make real what matters
- Previous experience as a Procurement professional, preferably in the rolling stock environment
- University degree (master's degree / diploma) in a business or engineering discipline
- Several years of experience in strategic procurement, bid management or project management
- Willingness to question the status quo with a strong focus on problem-solving
- Ability to build trust and confidence quickly and professionally with cross functional team members
- For your work in international projects you bring along business fluent English and advanced German language skills (preferred), as well as willingness to travel for up to 30% of your time.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time