Make a difference with us
We spend up to 90 % of our lives in buildings. It’s where we are born, raised, educated. It’s where we eat, enjoy ourselves and work. This makes buildings the heart of our lives and communities.
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, our UX mission is creating smart building solutions that actively contribute to wellbeing, efficiency, resiliency and safety. We are creating environments that care for the people, reduce the complexity of managing infrastructures and leverage the power of data to make our buildings eco-friendly.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global multidisciplinary UX Studios and cross-functional teams to advocate the needs of the user, shaping our next generation products.
As a Visual Designer, you will be instrumental in organizing information visually, engaging audiences emotionally and communicating effectively. You will contribute to user experience concepts, bring them to the next level with applying strong visual hierarchy and compositions that guides users to desired outcomes with confidence.
Join our team and help us to create environments that care! We will be happy to introduce you to our global and international community!
- Work on multiple initiatives for our building B2B products and solutions, keep a holistic vision in mind while creating comprehensive visual systems enabling consistency across product portfolios
- Contribute to our design system, elaborate new components or patterns and document best practices
- Elevate our product experiences with delightful moments. Effectively deliver and communicate interface and interaction patterns that are appealing, simple to digest and easy to operate
- Collaborate with the UX team and stakeholders to understand requirements, user needs and pain points to provide creative and innovative visual solutions
- Evaluate and validate the usability and emotional response of new and existing products, giving constructive guidance to evolve the users experience
- Contribute to the user centered culture at Siemens, evolve our ways of working with driving and applying best practices in Visual Design
- Help grow our inclusive UX team culture with your unique personality
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., Interaction-, Graphic-, Visual- Communication Design, or similar education)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing interfaces preferably on software products
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating interface design, visual conceptions, systems and visual assets
- Ability to use industry standard design tools at a minimum of an intermediate level or higher
- Solid skills in human perception principals, micro and macro typography, layout compositions, responsive design, and iconography. Animation and illustration skills is an advantage
- Ability to carefully consider how brand translates into a product while minimizing complexity, cognitive load and paying attention to details
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and multidisciplinary design teams, applying user-centered design practices
- Strong communication skills to present visual decisions effectively, structure design specification and deliver actionable guidelines
- Native German or English speaker. Fluent English and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills. Other European language would be an advantage
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work.
Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, or age.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time