Make a difference with us
We spend up to 90 % of our lives in buildings. It’s where we are born, raised, educated. It’s where we eat, enjoy ourselves and work. This makes buildings the heart of our lives and communities.
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, our UX mission is creating smart building solutions that actively contribute to wellbeing, efficiency, resiliency and safety. We are creating environments that care for the people, reduce the complexity of managing infrastructures and leverage the power of data to make our buildings eco-friendly.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global multidisciplinary UX Studios and cross-functional teams to advocate the needs of the user, shaping our next generation products.
As a User Experience Writer, you will be instrumental in elaborating user experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete their task at hand. You will help to set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points.
Join our team and help us to create environments that care! We will be happy to introduce you to our global and international community!
Your new responsibilities
- Craft content for a wide product portfolio with a global audience in mind that will be translated into other languages worldwide
- Contribute to the users experience with producing content that is clear, helpful, human, scalable and inclusive
- Establish a cohesive language and a unified voice and tone of our product suit and evangelize strategies and standards that will be adopted in our design system
- Contribute to the user centered culture at Siemens, evolve our ways of working with driving and applying best practices in UX writing
- Be the user advocate throughout the entire product life cycle – by putting the user first
- Update, maintain, and evolve content databases and documents
- Collaborate with User Researchers and the cross-functional team members to understand requirements, user needs and struggles and provide creative content solutions
- Evaluate and validate the usability of new and existing products, giving constructive guidance to the product team to evolve the UI copy
- Help grow our inclusive UX team culture with your unique personality
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Marketing, or equivalent
- Minimum 3+ years of UX writing experience preferably for B2B tech products
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating best-in-class UX-focused writing, samples and style guidelines that drives specific outcomes
- Ability to use industry standard UX & content writing tools at a minimum of an intermediate level or higher
- Bulletproof writing and editing skills, equally comfortable thinking about big concepts and writing microcopy
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites, including localization and accessibility best practices
- Familiarity with user-centered design practice and leveraging data to provide informed user insights
- Experience working with cross-functional product teams, strong communication, storytelling and presentation skills
- A trustful and reliable nature with strong organizational skills, hands-on mentality and solution oriented
- Native German or English speaker. Fluent English and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills. Other European language would be an advantage
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work.
Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, or age.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time