Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position is responsible for quality control and the overall accuracy and completeness of all required digital project deliverables (Digital Deployment Package) of the most complex projects, and deployment of assigned projects that are managed through the Global or National Operations Center. They assemble the customer solution off-site and ensure Digital Deployment Package is complete, follow customer and Siemens standards before turnover to the field execution team, document completeness and perform remote support for panel and controller level equipment. This role is provides mentorship to lower level DDS. DDS will be involved with any project with an output from the NOC or GOC
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Gathers all documents required to enable a functioning system, including product licensing, firmware, panel, and controller level databases, and all required technical documentation for third party system integrations
- Ensures that customer and/or national standards are followed throughout engineering, programming, and graphics creation and that all project deliverables are accounted for
- Reviews engineering deliverables for soundness and completeness of overall solution
- Reviews programming deliverables for functionality and compliance with contractual obligations, including testing programming
- Reviews graphic package to ensure all deliverables are present and that they comply with project specifications
- Provides required testing protocol for all system components
- When required, using test equipment, tests hardware loaded with software to ensure expected results, including I/O level testing, alarm messaging functioning as expected, ensuring that all contract sequence of operations are followed
- Performs Quality Assurance on the deployment package and turns over solution to field technical resources, turns over materials to project manager to get materials to jobsite
- Updates cloud-based project site with testing results and technical documents as required
- Receives and tracks work via workflow management software as required
- Provides remote support for local field technicians if issues are found with DDP panel and controller level logic when remote connectivity is available
- Acts as a technical resource to all engineering and field resources
- Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching
- Manages customer specific site database in proprietary software; creates and distributes applicable portions of programming for field execution staff
- When needed perform factory witness testing
- Depending on project requirements, loads programs to enable a functioning system including product licenses, firmware updates, panel programming, graphics, setting IP addresses, setting jumpers on all hardware, and properly applying labels to all materials
Preferred Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED – Required
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics, Computer Science or other related technical field – Preferred
- Over 4 years of successful industry experience in an area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Principle duties and Responsibilities as presented above
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, construction methods, Internet of Things, API integrations
- Proficient in system review, including air handler systems, chiller systems, plants systems, etc , ability to quickly and efficiently determine deficiency in overall design as well as product application
- Proficient in programming with ability to review others programming output and identify errors; ability to read and interpret programming for primary and secondary programming
- Proficient in DesigoCC and Insight operation to validate functionality of complete graphics package
- Comfortable in standards Siemens tools that are required for these tasks: Commissioning Tool, ABT Site, Automated Programming Tool, BluebeamExcellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.