Siemens Smart Infrastructure are currently looking for a Fire & Security Design Engineer to carry out project specific Fire and Security System designs. This will include Fire Detection and Alarms, PA/VA systems, Aspirating systems, Disable Refuge Systems, Access Control, CCTV and Intruder Alarms.
The role will be home based with travel across the UK to customer sites and Siemens offices.
Build a brighter future while learning and growing with Siemens at the intersection of technology, community and sustainability! It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that training and development is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s career growth, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
What will you deliver:
- Ensure that a comprehensive BOM is delivered for the preparation of pricing, programme and design work.
- Implement the approval process with the relevant partners and ensure there is a full understanding of the scope documents and the system design is fully aligned with relevant standards and regulations.
- Ensure understanding of the Client procedure documents referred to in the contract and relative to the design process and that these requirements are incorporated fully into all designs.
- Follow the contract administration process with support from the Design Manager to ensure that TQ and RFI processes are implemented on a timely basis and that all responses are dealt with accordingly.
What skills and experience will you bring to the role?
- We are looking for someone with a background within the Fire and Security Industry with the following exposure: Adobe Pro / Bluebeam, Auto CAD, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suit, Navis Works - Revit
- You will have previous design experience and technical/engineering understanding of fire and security related systems
- Ability to document, illustrate and present detailed design specifications with in-depth knowledge of the relevant standards:BS5839, BS6266, BS7671 and BS7273
- FIA Design Courses or Equivalent.
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, company car, 26 days holiday allowance, pension, and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time