>>THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION<<
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Participate in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyze available one-line drawings, plans, contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements
- Assign projects according to specifications and license requirements and assist in obtaining field data from contractors or field personnel necessary to the project completion.
- Manage the power system study projects, ensuring effective execution by the study engineer. Perform project management meetings as necessary to monitor progress to ensure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilize financial and monthly forecasting tools and work with team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepare or oversee preparation of progress billings, pursue timely payments from the customer and authorize payments to subcontractors
- Participate in projects completion of all close-out documentation such as project close out documentation, collections and payments and all project records
- Minimum Associate degree; Electrical Engineering degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience in the engineering, or project management of low / medium voltage power distribution systems and power system studies as noted in the position overview; 5+ years preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Travel: 25%
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications, including electrical drawings
- Ability to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation and execution of power system studies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.