Siemens Mobility Customer Services is a growing organization that provides a wide array of services - from spare parts to long-term maintenance and technical support contracts and exciting digital offerings to support Rolling Stock and Rail Infrastructure across North America. Our goal is to provide services to ensure mobility systems constantly run efficiently, reliably, and sustainably.
We are looking for an ambitious 1st shift Material Handling Operator to add to our Customer Service team and be the go-to person for all materials, kits, and supplies transfers. This position will be in Orlando, FL, reporting directly to the Brightline Material Manager. Days may fluctuate based on need and could include a weekend shift. Hours will be between 5am EST – 1:30pm EST. You will also perform any assigned stockroom task as determined by daily requirements for the day-to-day material operation. You will be highly organized, have great attention to detail, and have excellent communication and follow-up skills. You will assist the engineering and planning groups in material-related issues, focus on EHS, and coordinate logistics and warehouse activities at the depot.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Adhere to all safety and environmental requirements for the storage and shipping of material, including regulated HazMat
- Use computer applications and computers to maintain accurate material flow transactions (SAP, Oracle, IBM Maximo) and process shipments and returns.
- Verifies and maintains stock documents.
- Performs cycle counting of all material in the stockroom.
- Unloads, receives, verifies, and counts material delivered to the warehouse.
- Packs and ships material back to vendors for repair or replacement.
- Uses small hand tools and may operate material handling equipment, including forklifts and hand jacks.
For your safety, we require:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in the railway industry or corresponding experience in a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
- The ability to perform job duties with a sense of purpose and support our Zero Harm culture
- Familiarity with LEAN and Six Sigma concepts
- Familiarity with Import/Export Processes and Compliance
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, ambitious, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
You are legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
This job is based in Orlando, FL. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Orlando, FL is $30,825 - $51,375.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.