Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most.
Think this is you? At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds Join our team!
Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022.
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Ensures project design proceeds according to plans and job specifications.
- Develops and documents customer engineering standards. Innovates newer, safer, more comprehensive ways of applying systems.
- Provides code compliance oversite and identifies when to escalate for review and approvals.
- Ensures the most economical method for having systems installed and delivered is incorporated in the design.
- Oversees the process of material selection and products. Makes recommendations related to productivity improvement and cost reduction to increase customer satisfaction and increase profitability of jobs.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Performs Quality Assurance peer review of engineering documents created by NOC/GOC to ensure they align with customer engineering standards. These documents include, but are not limited to, drawings, calculations, and submittals.
- Represents the ECS Fire organization as a prime internal Engineering contact and key external contact.
- Mentors, trains, and directs design activities of NOC/GOC Engineering Team as it relates to ECS customers.
- Travel requirements up to 10%
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associate degree preferred
- Fire Alarm design experience (ACAD)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays Paid parental leave Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.