Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a PET Scientist in Knoxville, TN.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a PET Scientist. This position is located in Knoxville, TN and relocation support will be provided to out of state candidates.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a PET Scientist, you will be responsible for:
· Supports the technology/innovation roadmap of the PET Physics and Reconstruction team
· Supports hardware innovation development at all levels: detector, analog electronics, digital electronics, acquisition computer and system level
· Supports software innovation development at all levels: PET data corrections; image reconstruction algorithms, both analytical and statistical, design, implementation and optimization; image processing.
· Assures transfer of technologies into product solutions by working closely with other R&D teams and product management
· Participates in publication of results at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
· Protects innovations with invention disclosures
· Travels both internationally and domestically for customer visits and conferences
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Strong mathematical background
- Experience in Monte Carlo simulation
- Experience in artificial intelligence and neural networks
- Experience in electronics and detector design and FPGA programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and can-do attitude
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a virtual and fast-paced environment
- Outstanding ability to work independently, be creative, overcome obstacles
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Ph.D. in physics /mathematics/electrical/nuclear engineering or related field
- Experience in multiple programming languages, preferably including C++
- Experience in a research environment in one of these fields: PET, image reconstruction, radiation physics, nuclear physics, particle physics, or related field.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.