We’re Siemens. Award winning; Ranked on Fortune 500; Digital Engineering global leader. A collection of over 300,000 phenomenal minds who are all making the future. This position is with the PreSales Strategy – Auto, Transportation and Heavy Equipment group.
We are looking for an individual PreSales for medium size to large software sales engagements within the Battery Industry. You will advise selected customers on the digital transformation of their business landscape, by driving Value & Solution Road mapping activities. Those customers will be mainly greenfield start-ups who invest in the design, development of Battery Cells, but also some mature large companies (e.g.: Automotive OEMs) and some suppliers growing into Battery Modules and Packs development.
Our new teammate will play a key role in helping to develop new business opportunities including taking a lead role in industry focused, consultative software sales engagements through productive business conversations and relationships with customers and prospects. Our new hire will specialize in execution of qualitative and financially quantified sales proposals, business arguments, and solution visions. You'll provide input into the formation of a cohesive customer sales strategy to support the sale of Cloud based Software-as-a-Service subscription offerings.
It’s an exciting time here at Siemens Digital Industries. To support our growth Industry 4.0 portfolio in both discrete and process industries, the PreSales department in the United States is looking for a Presales Account Development Specialist focusing our Presales Solution activities on the prescriptive sales approach. As part of the software sales team, aid in the execution of several industries, consultative and effective software sales engagements through productive business relationships with customers and prospects. Communicate knowledgeably with the customer around business challenges, industry trends, competitor landscapes and wider interfaces, articulating Siemens DI SW's vision and point of view on solution adoption to deliver business value. Work largely undertaken by developing customer relationships through face-to-face contact and site visits to facilitate future software sales.
You will develop customer relationships through remote selling and face-to-face visits to facilitate future software sales. Works on projects/assignments of broad and sophisticated scope, with Manufacturing Operation Management as a core element. Provide guidance and mentoring within the regions to other PreSales on the capabilities and business value of DISW solutions. And in close partnership with your management and your teammates, you develop and drive internal initiatives, particularly around battery industry, that positively influence further business growth within this market. Partnership with global internal partners will be key to achieve your goals.
Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build billion-dollar brands that help make everyday activities easier for people around the world! Highly skilled at sales and business operations, this person will join and encourage a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision.
- Work with customers in the Battery Industry to understand their business strategy and development and align their needs to the Siemens Xcelerator portfolio
- Lead and implement industry focused, prescriptive software sales engagements, typically covering the whole Digital Enterprise, and with a strong focus on Manufacturing Operation Management
- Conduct “site survey assessments” to detail current state, challenges of their Manufacturing Operations
- Work with the sales, presales and services functions to provide consultancy for, and communicate a clear vision of, the planned project objectives
- Supply to the project kick off phase to ensure successful hand-over and transition to the professional services team
- Act as a support for our Marketing department, develop and deliver industry focused vision presentations
- Participate in account planning activities with Siemens Sales channels and Business Development Managers to ensure the best technical solution strategies for growth are established and implemented through value proposition development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Masters degree in Biochemical Engineering or equivalent
- Good English language skills
- A good communicator and brilliant presentation skills
- Leadership and project management skill, to define and track structured work plans
- Positive relationship management
- Able to travel to US, Canada, Mexico, and South America and communicate efficiently with multiple nationalities and cultures
- Able to work in collaboration with zone and country teams, in a consultative and directive mode of working
- Must be open to an average of 30% - 50% travel, mostly in USA
- Shown experience (>2 years) within Battery Industry, ideally at a battery start-up
- Consolidated experience (>5 years) in a customer-facing sale, or business development function in a Software company
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of Manufacturing Operations Management and the supporting systems:
- Good knowledge of PLM, MRP, APS, WMS, LIMS, MES, SCADA and Automation
- Able to understand, position and present the value of end-to-end digital transformation in the context of an Industry
- Experience with CXO level discussions, and specifically with the CTO and COO
- Good dynamic and engaging personality, and are excited by the challenges of delivering technical training to guide software professionals
- Understanding of the requirements for IT/OT convergence.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with Teamcenter or Mentor portfolio.
- Knowledgeable of the MOM and/or PLM competitive landscape
The Total Cash Compensation range for this position is $156,300 to $312,600 with 15% of this being comprised of an annual incentive target. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.