Siemens Large Drives Pty Ltd business is the world’s leading supplier of innovative and environmentally friendly products and solutions for mining and industrial customers. Our extensive product range includes industrial drives, motors and control systems, manufacturing execution systems, safety systems, and intelligent motor control solutions.
Siemens Large Drives Pty Ltd (SLD) have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Project Manager to join our team in either Brisbane or Perth. As a Project Manager, you will be required to work closely with customers, developing rapport and a good understanding of Drive and Systems performance. You will be expected to take ownership of all projects allocated to you. Larger projects will receive support from technical disciplines (e.g. engineers and technicians) to ensure project timelines can be met but delivery of the successful project remains the responsibility of the Project Manager.
Some of the responsibilities included in this role are as follows:
• The operational delivery of projects in line with client contractual requirements, program and procedure, and all relevant legal and safety legislation.
• Produce wiring diagrams, functional descriptions, schedules, and software in line with Siemens and customer standards.
• Managing the project financials relating to billing, pricing variations and helping accounts to receive payments where necessary.
• Manage technicians, site supervisors and contractors (if required)
• Ensure defects liability period requirements are met.
• Ensure project completion is on time and within budget.
• Assist with commissioning where required.
• Contribute with the tendering process in relation to methodology, buildability, and project risk management.
• Assist with the implementation any new of policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all workplace health and safety policies are adhered to.
• Assist in the preparation of Safe Work Method Statements and ensure they are followed on site.
• Support and coach other members of staff where able.
To be considered for this opportunity, the successful candidate will need to possess experience with Drive Systems fundamentals and mechanical/electrical systems, project management experience with the ability to lead a project team, motivating team members to deliver a successful project. The ability to demonstrate strong customer engagement and relationship skills, tertiary qualification in engineering or a trade certificate
The successful candidate will also have a desire to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with a knowledge and drive to improve business operating efficiencies whilst attaining operational and customer related goals.
SLD is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives Pty. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time