We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers and communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation.
As a pioneer in the global building industry, we as Building Products – Fire Safety Business team change how people live and work in buildings by connecting the digital and the physical world. Our global business involves many fields from detection, alarming, evacuation and extinguishing to danger and building management, as well as cloud-based solutions for remote site management. With our broad offering we ensure the protection of people, assets and businesses with the highest performance and efficiency.
We are looking for a new colleague to complement our diverse team of product managers for our Fire Safety portfolio at Siemens Building Products. Are you intrinsically motivated, well-organized, and confident when challenging the status quo? Then join our team and help us creating environments that care!
Your new responsibilities
- Active management of fire safety products life cycle including responsibility for market-derived pricing, profitability, demand planning and roadmap creation in consideration of European norms and regulations
- Initiate actions to continuously improve portfolio metrics to strengthen our market position
- Plan and conduct market launch as well as phase-outs in close collaboration with the regions
- Analyze markets, competitors, and technology trends and incorporate the findings into business case proposals to upper management
- Evaluate existing workflows and tools to plan, install, commission and engineer Fire Safety products and systems
- Identify and evaluate opportunities to simplify the workflows leveraging on new technologies, with the goal to lower training requirements and labor costs
- Define, prioritize and validate requirements for product enhancements and new products in close collaboration with customers, development, and other stakeholders
- Ensure result driven and agile product development by applying lean methodologies and influencing decision making
- Coordinate activities with external partners and manufacturers together with colleagues from purchasing
- Support marketing, training, technical documentation and sales with your in-depth product and market knowhow
- Conduct risk analyses and initiate quality improvement measures in collaboration with customer support, quality management and R&D
Your skills and experience
- University degree or higher education in engineering, business engineering or equivalent qualification
- Ideally 3-5 years of product management experience, preferably within a B2B environment, or technical project manager with a solid track record
- Experience within the Fire Safety industry or related building management systems / services
- Solid understanding of business economics and/or financials paired with long-term strategic attitude
- Personal interest and aim for digitalization trends and cloud technologies
- Experienced with MS Office (Powerpoint, Excel) on a daily level. SAP knowhow is a plus
- Experience in lean/agile development (e.g. SAFe) is a plus
- Resilient in challenging situations, well-structured and analytical way of working
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team-player and able to build trust with internal and external partners
- Business fluent in English is a prerequisite. German, French and other European language skills are an advantage
Please mind that a work eligibility for Switzerland is a prerequisite, as we have to adhere to Swiss Migration laws.
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work.
Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, or age.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time