TOO Elite opens the position of the Embedded Linux Engineer in Almaty. The candidate will be provided to TOO Siemens for the services rendering.
Siemens Technology is the central in-house research unit at Siemens and as such occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It acts as a strategic partner to support the executive units with R&D services, protects the company’s intellectual property, coordinates the collaboration with top universities worldwide, and supports standardization activities in all business units and regions. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Japan, and Eastern Europe, Siemens Technology helps to secure the company’s technological future and strengthen its ambition.
- Define and lead technical consulting projects in the area of software development with focus on Linux for in-house customers
- Combine the needs of industrial software projects with existing open-source components and support the selection, integration and further development of open-source software
- Help project teams to embrace an open and collaborative working culture and implement open-source best practices
- Evaluate and apply novel technologies and software engineering methods, contribute own ideas and implement them for embedded Linux area
- Design and work on research topics in the area of Linux-based real-time systems, virtualization, IoT connectivity and related topics
- Realization of prototypes
- Work on open source / Linux foundation projects
- Successfully completed university studies in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or engineering
- Many years of experience in the design and implementation of software systems in C/C++ and/or Python, or modern languages such as Rust / GoLang, ideally in the area of IoT and edge systems
- Proven track record of contributing to open-source projects as well as research and development in the areas of IoT systems and applications
- Well versed in the open-source culture and associated code sharing platforms (e.g., GitHub, GitLab)
- Experience in Linux kernel development or/and Linux (meta-)distributions, container technologies, virtualization
- Ideally, experience in one or more of these areas: real-time Linux system design and analysis, networking know-how, edge technologies, continuous integration, automated testing (LAVA in particular)
- Very good English skills
The company offers great experience and expertise development: the position holder will become a part of dynamic and international highly qualified team (including Germany, USA, China). Siemens offers a possibility to dive into various domains and projects: from industrial automation to railway technology to smart grids and smart cities as well as medical technology. Working on Siemens’ projects you will have the opportunity to contribute to many areas such as E-Mobility, IoT, low latency communication, embedded systems, etc. on industrially relevant hardware in various scenarios.
You may want to have a look into some activities where Siemens’ Linux experts team are working on: