We at Siemens Large Drives Applications (LDA), engineer and produces heavy-duty electrical drive systems for medium and high voltage ranges: electrical motors, converters, and generators. Additionally, we offer special large drives for ships, mines, and rolling mills. Our digitalization expertise and outstanding service keeps the performance and availability of the drives always at the maximum.
We serve our customers through innovation and sustainable supply chain management, we solve challenges for customers and society by developing, manufacturing, and servicing world-leading motors, drives, generators, systems, and solutions.
We continuously learn how to be a high-performing, trusting, and collaborative organization by empowering and leading our people.
Change the future with us- Areas of Responsibility
• Design, Develop and Maintain Virtualization, cloud and back-end applications
• Manage webservers and configuration of services
• Interact with servers and databases for functionality
• Focus on network and cybersecurity (Firewall/policies/VPN)
• Ensure cross-platform optimization
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
• Provide technical support internally and in customer environments
• Collaborate with the front-end team to achieve the solution goals.
• Collaborate actively on the transition from on premises to Kubernetes architecture
• Work with different stakeholder to improve software
• Write technical documentation
• Pre-testing updates prior to installing customer assets
• Clarification and coordination of concepts for the further development of the test environment including their implementation
• Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
VMware virtualization (vSAN), Cyber security, Linux, and Azure container and Kubernetes
Requested Competence / Experience
• Ideally couple of years of professional experience in the IT field
• Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g., VMware, HyperV)
• Proficiency with system and software Architecture (specially VMware/cloud)
• Knowledge in administration of Microsoft operating systems and basic network knowledge (e.g. TCP/IP, VLAN, ...) available.
• Knowledge in patching, WSUS update servers, ESXI servers, vCenters, QNAP backup systems, Windows operating systems (Windows 10, Windows Server 2019), Linux, virtualization as well as Active Directory / DNS (in VM) and other software (e.g. PRTG, Trend Micro, EventSentry, Veem, WinCC, ...).
• Familiarity with database technology such as SQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and timseries databases like Influx and TimescaleDB.
• Familiarity Cloud Infrastructure, Connectivity and Interfaces
• Familiarity with Azure and Azure DevOps, Git, Postman, HTTP REST, gPRC, Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud services
• Familiarity with industrial communication protocols (PCS7 is an advantage)
• Ability to document requirements and specifications
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years’ relevant experience as a IT Engineer
- Qualification: B.E IT /CS/ MCA
- Functional Area: IT (VMware/Network/Linux/Azure/ Application Deployment)
- Role Category: IT Solution Architect
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Navi Mumbai, You’ll also get to work across the business in LDA India and beyond, You’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about LDA India at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/portfolio-companies/large-drives-applications.htmlAnd about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time