Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services that range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Technology advances every day. Information Technology is crucial to our future. As part of our IT R & D team, you’ll get the chance to build extensive IT digital systems, develop plans for using cloud technologies, and create industrial data analytics platforms. Your work will benefit everyone at Siemens business entities. If you are determined to take us further with innovative IT solutions that keep our world connected and businesses moving forward, then there’s a place for you at Siemens Energy.
This is your role. What part will you play?
• 6+ years of hands-on industry experience in data visualization and analytics
• Understand business requirements and design dashboard with innovative and creative thinking
• Expert in developing complex dashboards using Tableau
• Perform various reporting duties including production of finance management reports and other ad hoc data requests
• Drive conversations through analytics, including, but not limited to – Building dashboards - Driving insights through data analysis – Story-lining the deliverable to prove/disprove hypotheses
• Engage with end users to ensure adaptation and continuous improvement of Tableau/Power BI products
• Derive reports requirements and specification, provide feasibility analysis and effort estimation
• Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications
• Managing Tableau and Power BI workspaces, report access, report deployment, developing best practices
• Active participation in the trouble shooting issues with root cause analysis
• Provide daily/weekly project status to the Project managers
• Candidates should possess excellent analytical, work planning, communication, and team skills
• Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement with the goal of ensuring data quality
• Act as communication bridge between Power BI, other finance business partnering colleagues and IT for building/maintaining reports/dashboards
• Participate and contribute to the need identification with Finance and controlling team to formulate Tableau and Power BI solutions
• Drive end to end insights creation-to-consumption lifecycle, leading business problem
definition, designing and delivering the solutions
• Validate the measures and reports based on business requirements embedded in requests.
• Monitoring system upgrades for existing tools and technologies and evaluating their usage as per organization’s requirements
• Identify obstacles in creation of Insights (reports / dashboards etc.), formulate obstacles and own process for mitigation with internal and external parties to ensure output is reached.
• Designing procedure documents for the newly introduced task and processes along with maintaining the existing ones
• Create necessary documentation as per the Standards and Update the project documentation
• Ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution
• Handle multiple projects in parallel, Participate and deliver Solution design, working closely with the architecture team
• Collaborate with team as well as with all the stakeholders, highly proactive within team
• Work on Agile/Lean development methods using Scrum/Kanban
• Ensure timely, high quality, error-free research, analysis and output produced by the analysts
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Mandatory and strong hands-on experience:
• Expert in developing innovative and complex dashboard in Tableau and Power BI
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Alteryx
• Working knowledge in Databases like Snowflake/ Redshift
• Experience in Business Intelligence & Data Visualization
• A curious mindset that enables to dive deep & fetch insights as per the business need
• Jira (Agile)
• Extensive experience in writing complex database queries in SQL
• Excellent skill of converting an analysis to an Exec level story
• Demonstrate experience of creating & presenting data/dashboards/analysis to the leadership team & ability to explain complex analytical concepts to executives
Good to Have:
• Tableau certification like desktop specialist/professional
• AWS (Lambda, ECS, EC2, S3)
• Working experience in Agile methodologies
• Strong knowledge and experience in AWS technologies
• Experience in Finance Domain data
• Data security and handling
• Understanding of data modeling techniques, meta data preparation, types of mapping etc.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is in Gurgaon / Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Find out more about Siemens Advanta at: https://www.siemens-advanta.com/careers